Winning feeling for Jez
JEZ Clark (Attleborough) and his team of Andrew Lambert and Mike Barnes travelled to the Grand Prix circuit of Spa Franchorchamps last weekend and scored two more victories to secure the 2008 Porsche Club Championship both in Class 3 and overall.
JEZ Clark (Attleborough) and his team of Andrew Lambert and Mike Barnes travelled to the Grand Prix circuit of Spa Franchorchamps and scored two more wins to secure the 2008 Porsche Club Championship in both Class 3 and overall.
"It was a really difficult weekend as I have never been to the circuit before
which meant a very quick learning curve!" said Clark.
"It was made more difficult by the fact that the budget ran out some months ago and we couldn't afford any testing or a set of wet tyres for the Porsche 944, which made life hard for both qualifying and the second race which took place in a
You may also want to watch:
"It's been a really tough year and I am so grateful to Neil Chilleystone who lent me his own race car to use for the season.
- 1 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 2 See inside this restored period farmhouse for sale for £850,000
- 3 Mum's 100 mile challenge fulfils promise to late daughter
- 4 Decision due over controversial plans for 200 new homes
- 5 Van artist creates 'most emotional picture' over teen suicide
- 6 Parents share their stories as fertility clinic celebrates 1,000 births
- 7 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road
- 8 Banham Poultry taken over by owner of Bernard Matthews and 2 Sisters
- 9 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 10 Furious Scout group demands apology from council in unpaid rents saga
"It didn't start well with a huge accident
and subsequent fire at Oulton Park
which badly damaged his beautifully prepared car.
"Thankfully, after the initial shock had passed, Neil and his team at Woolleys Garage, Hingham repaired the car and it was ready to race at the next round at the A1 Grand Prix at Brands Hatch just eight days later, where we won both races. Neil continued to work on the car and support me throughout the rest of the season.
"Thanks also goes to Rapid Racking and PMC Midlands who enabled me to enter the last two rounds of the Porsche Championship paying both entry fees, without which the championship could not have been won, as following the Oulton accident the championship points situation meant we knew we had to win every race from then on, including gaining the extra points for fastest laps and pole positions. Fortunately we managed to win 15 of the 17 races of the season.
"Andy, Mike and Mark were also invaluable. They toiled at the races to check and prepare the car at the circuit, the season certainly hasn't been without its ups and downs , and it feels so good to have made it to the end with such a brilliant result, and on such a low budget."