Win relief for New Buckenham
At last New Buckenham now have a win under their belts.New Buckenham travelled to Colney and after losing the toss, Colney surprisingly elected to bat first in bowler friendly conditions.
At last New Buckenham now have a win under their belts.
New Buckenham travelled to Colney and after losing the toss, Colney surprisingly elected to bat first in bowler friendly conditions.
Jamie Braithwaite opening the bowling with Richard Ferry held Colney to 13-3 of 15 overs.
With Pete Marshall returning to form bowling a tight 12 overs of 1-32 and Jamie Braithwaite bowling seven maidens in his 12 overs to get excellent figures of 2-12, Buckenham were on top with the score only at 28 of 23 overs.
You may also want to watch:
Carl Sturman bowled a short spell of four overs 0-13, leaving Alan Thompson (1-28) and Richard Ferry (3-21), who took two wickets in his first over of his second spell, to bowl tight spells to hold Colney to 122-7 off 45 overs.
With a good job done by the bowlers the batsmen needed to apply themselves to win the game, but lost Andrew Beales early.
- 1 Lifeguard, 18, saves teenager from drowning in first days on job
- 2 Ex-pupils and staff reunite at former village school
- 3 Full steam ahead for track renewal work on railway
- 4 'Lost a couple of staff members a day' - how the 'pingdemic' is hitting Norfolk
- 5 Arts centre announces reopening after Covid-forced hibernation
- 6 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 7 All you need to know ahead of the Old Buckenham Airshow 2021
- 8 New Covid variants may require jabs for children, UEA experts warn
- 9 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 10 Should I invest in Shareholder Protection?
Ian Watling, after hitting a six and a four, was bowled by Peck (2-24) which gave Alan Thompson and Terry Hardwick a chance to put on a solid partnership of 79 before Alan Thompson fell to a good catch by Barker for 36.
Ryan Thompson then hit a quick nine not out to support Terry Hardwick, who carried his bat with 49 not out, and win the game with 11 balls to spare.