Weekend to forget for Hethersett & Tas Valley
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2016
Despite some good individual performances Hethersett and Tas Valley had a disappointing weekend, with all five teams going down.
The Saturday firsts were involved in a high scoring Norfolk Alliance Division Two game at home to Saham Toney which saw over 550 runs scored and the visitors timing their challenge to perfection.
Hethersett looked to be well in control of the game as they posted 279-7 from their 45 overs with Ian Bryce scoring the first of his two centuries over the weekend with 121. He was well supported by John Curtis who hit 67.
Saham Toney started slowly and looked to be well behind the clock despite having plenty of wickets in hand.
Number four batsman Nathan King proved to be the star of the show with an unbeaten 145 as the visitors won with just two balls remaining. Curtis was the pick of the Valley bowlers with 2-37.
You may also want to watch:
Valley Seconds visited North Norfolk and found Sheringham too strong for them.
They batted first and were all out for 137, Stuart Last top scoring with 21, with the Seasiders replying with 138-2. Andy Baker and Andy Harris were the wicket-takers.
- 1 Attleborough gas work road closures postponed until after Christmas
- 2 Town council chaos emerges with groups not paying rent for decades
- 3 9 of the best places to see fireworks in Norfolk in 2021
- 4 Two cars involved in crash on A11 slip road
- 5 Norfolk Covid-19 case rates increase slightly, with 55 in hospital
- 6 'Unbelievably shocked': Norfolk garage team named best in country
- 7 'He would light up a room' - Tributes to community stalwart, Ian Harrison
- 8 Opinion: Shock tactics needed for retirement saving
- 9 Norfolk sports retailer opens new fitness showroom
- 10 Road closed after tractor trailor overturns near Wymondham
Valley Thirds looked to have a reasonable target when they restricted Hardingham to 151-6 but then suffered a batting collapse and were all out for 86.
Valley Fourths, fresh from their first ever league victory the previous week, posted a good total in their home game against Beeston with Ed Blowfield scoring 42 in their total of 191-8. The visitors proved too strong, however, replying with 194-1 in 31 overs.
Valley Sunday completed a fairly miserable weekend for the club when they went down to Swardeston by nine wickets in the Mid-Norfolk Sunday League.
Hethersett scored 185-7 in their 40 overs with Ian Bryce (113) and Sam Morton (55) putting on 175 for the fourth wicket. Unfortunately the remainder of the Valley batting line-up only contributed three runs between them. Swardeston reached their target for the loss of just one wicket.
This Saturday the first team are home to Bradenham, the seconds visit Hardingham, the thirds are home to the Norwich Association of Malayalees and the fourths visit Dereham.
The Sunday side are home to Holkham in the first round of the National Village Cup.