Webb stars as Rooks win
Wymondham Town 3, Caister 2WYMONDHAM played a Caister side which had comfortably beaten them earlier in the season in what was one of Town's most disappointing performances.
Wymondham Town 3, Caister 2
WYMONDHAM played a Caister side which had comfortably beaten them earlier in the season in what was one of Town's most disappointing performances.
The game started with Town applying some early pressure. The first opportunity came when Rackham robbed the defender but was denied by a good save from the keeper. Town continued to press and Priest hit a fine 20-yard strike which bought another save from the keeper.
The Town pressure finally paid off when Rackham saw his shot deflected into the corner of the net.
You may also want to watch:
The second half started off in comedy fashion. A hopeful through-ball saw the Caister defender take command, but he passed the ball against a post and as it bounced out it hit his own keeper on his legs. A goal they had scarcely merited, but threy were now in a commanding position.
Town rather relaxed and Caister applied more pressure and got a goal. Overall was dispossessed in a strong manner and the winger took on Williamson who crossed for the unmarked Caister striker to tap home with Ethridge trying to get back.
- 1 Missing 84-year-old man found safe and well
- 2 Bagpiper lifts spirits for care home residents on Burns Night
- 3 Lotus creates 250 new jobs - but will ditch some models
- 4 'Little fighter' Rian battling complex mix of heart conditions
- 5 Covid led to huge fall in Norfolk parking fines and £1.3m budget hole
- 6 It's 'a long, long way' until lockdown restrictions are lifted - Hancock
- 7 Can you rehome this Terrier who has spent nine years at animal sanctuary?
- 8 Ice warning after freezing temperatures overnight
- 9 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 10 New Toolstation branch coming to Wymondham?
This acted as a wake-up call and Town had a number of good chances with Rackham, Sharp and Priest all going close.
The important third goal came when Priest crossed for Rackham who shouldered the ball into the net for his 15th of the season.
Caister responded and netted with eight minutes to go with a cool finish past Hodges.
They had a couple of good chances but Hodges was able to save and on one occasion combined with Ramsbottom to block well.
MoM: Webb, energetic performance and kept Town going.
Tomorrow, Wymondham Town Reserves are at home to Mattishall and if they win they will win Division Four, kick-off 6.30pm.