Valuable draw for Wymondham
Wymondham Town made the short journey to Cringleford to play St Johns and gained what could turn out to be a valuable point in a 2-2 draw.
Town started very poorly and conceded after only a few minutes due to some sloppy marking at a corner. Three St John's players queued up unmarked at the far post and although Matt Ducker got a hand to the tame header the linesman judged it to have crossed the line.
Wymondham struggled to hold onto the ball and although the effort was there their running was without purpose and their final ball woeful. It wasn't until the half-hour mark that they woke up with Calum Webb and Mark Whitmore rallying voices from the back.
Town then piled on the pressure at the other end with a concession of five corners that St Johns struggled to defend. From the fifth of those Chris Priest deliverded onto Adam Plumstead and he rose high to power a header into the top corner.
Then minutes later Rob Browne put Wymondham ahead as he plucked a high ball out of the sky, swivelled and drilled a 25 yard half volley past the helpless home keeper.
You may also want to watch:
Browne continued to cause St John's problems as the second half got under way but the feet of the keeper denied him twice. The home side levelled at 2-2 when Town failed to close a short corner and a cross come shot wrong footed Ducker and crept in a his near post. Although Town would probably have taken a point before the game they then created more of the chances and were a little disappointed to not nick all three.
Another Plumstead header, a Gareth Downs volley and a Browne drive all came close. This Saturday Wymondham entertain Wells Town at the Kings Head Meadow 2.30 kick off.
- 1 It's 'a long, long way' until lockdown restrictions are lifted - Hancock
- 2 Lotus creates 250 new jobs - but will ditch some models
- 3 Ice warning after freezing temperatures overnight
- 4 Can you rehome this Terrier who has spent nine years at animal sanctuary?
- 5 Missing 84-year-old man found safe and well
- 6 Covid led to huge fall in Norfolk parking fines and £1.3m budget hole
- 7 New Toolstation branch coming to Wymondham?
- 8 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 9 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 10 'Little fighter' Rian battling complex mix of heart conditions