Two winners for Hawks
HETHERSETT Hawks/Swinton and Co cycle speedway team had two winners at the South-East Grand Prix at Great Blakenham.Dan Chambers took the U16s and Phil Adams, unbeaten all afternoon, won the U19s.
HETHERSETT Hawks/Swinton and Co cycle speedway team had two winners at the South-East Grand Prix at Great Blakenham.
Dan Chambers took the U16s and Phil Adams, unbeaten all afternoon, won the U19s.
In the veterans' category Dave Chambers rode will to finish second with Mel Perkins third. Carly Grimes contested the B final in the U16s and finished third.
The Norfolk U10's Championship was staged at Hethersett and was a triumph for the home club with their riders taking the top three places.
Oliver Forder-Wilcox retained the title with a maximum with Evan Syer second and Norton Hamill third.
Oliver's brother William had his first action and qualified for the East Anglian Final.
- 1 Pro dancer transforms Norfolk barber's shop into a new pilates studio
- 2 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 3 Drivers face delays on A11 - and the bulk of the work has yet to begin
- 4 Heritage railway plans running days to celebrate Queen's Jubilee
- 5 Former military man appointed as council's new chairman
- 6 Campaigners write to government over pylons plan
- 7 Two lorries and two cars involved in crash on A11
- 8 'It's a nightmare' - Roadworks leave town 'gridlocked'
- 9 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 10 Readers reveal top 10 fish and chips - but the battle is on for top spot
This Saturday several Hawks will be at Sandwell for the British Youth and Junior League Grand Prix while on Sunday the Hawks' A and B sides are in league action at Kesgrave.