Twickenham dream for youngsters
Wymondham U11 took part in a very special Parade of Champions at the Guinness Premiership Final on Saturday in front of a sell-out Twickenham crowd. Sponsor Land Rover gave this unique opportunity to the youngsters after they won the Northampton Saints Land Rover Premiership Cup in February, beating local rivals Diss in an exciting final.
Wymondham U11 took part in a very special Parade of Champions at the Guinness Premiership Final on Saturday in front of a sell-out Twickenham crowd.
Sponsor Land Rover gave this unique opportunity to the youngsters after they won the Northampton Saints Land Rover Premiership Cup in February, beating local rivals Diss in an exciting final.
The young rugby enthusiasts got to watch the exciting battle where Leicester Tigers beat Saracens 33-27 to be crowned champions.
Not only did they get to see their heroes play at the home of England Rugby but they got to parade around the pitch at half-time to celebrate their Land Rover Premiership Cup win.
You may also want to watch:
Player Henry Burton said: 'I can't believe I went to Twickenham Stadium and got to go on the pitch at half-time of the Guinness Premiership Final.
'It was really exciting to walk out there in front of so many people, it was an amazing atmosphere and I now really want to play there when I'm older. I'm so pleased we won the Land Rover Premiership Cup.'
- 1 Man exposed himself to three teenage girls at Morrisons
- 2 Millions could be spent on better cycle routes around Norwich
- 3 Heavy downpours and strong winds to batter Norfolk
- 4 Indian variant Covid cases in Norfolk 'cause to be cautious'
- 5 Norfolk nurse's 'lightbulb moment' leads to star-studded dog show panel
- 6 "Buzz" at Norfolk gyms as classes return indoors
- 7 How can we manage the cost of my mother's care?
- 8 'Let air in' - New campaign launched as lockdown measures eased
- 9 Ofsted praise for ‘inadequate’ Norfolk special school
- 10 Concerns over divide in vaccine rates - what's the situation where you live?
Commenting on the support of the Land Rover Premiership Cup, Anthony Bradbury, Marketing Director of Land Rover UK, said: 'Today is a very special day for everyone at Land Rover.
'It gives us great delight that through the Land Rover Premiership Cup these young, aspiring rugby players are able to fulfil a dream and come to Twickenham.
'The tournament is a significant initiative of which we are very proud, and which provides a unique opportunity for young players to channel their enthusiasm for the sport and to play in a national tournament.
'Land Rover's commitment to rugby now covers all levels of the game, supporting the elite of the England team to young players of the future, and we are already looking forward to next season.'