Twickenham dream for youngsters
Wymondham U11 took part in a very special Parade of Champions at the Guinness Premiership Final on Saturday in front of a sell-out Twickenham crowd. Sponsor Land Rover gave this unique opportunity to the youngsters after they won the Northampton Saints Land Rover Premiership Cup in February, beating local rivals Diss in an exciting final.
Wymondham U11 took part in a very special Parade of Champions at the Guinness Premiership Final on Saturday in front of a sell-out Twickenham crowd.
Sponsor Land Rover gave this unique opportunity to the youngsters after they won the Northampton Saints Land Rover Premiership Cup in February, beating local rivals Diss in an exciting final.
The young rugby enthusiasts got to watch the exciting battle where Leicester Tigers beat Saracens 33-27 to be crowned champions.
Not only did they get to see their heroes play at the home of England Rugby but they got to parade around the pitch at half-time to celebrate their Land Rover Premiership Cup win.
You may also want to watch:
Player Henry Burton said: 'I can't believe I went to Twickenham Stadium and got to go on the pitch at half-time of the Guinness Premiership Final.
'It was really exciting to walk out there in front of so many people, it was an amazing atmosphere and I now really want to play there when I'm older. I'm so pleased we won the Land Rover Premiership Cup.'
- 1 'It's what they need to thrive': Butchers for dogs opens in town
- 2 One in eight Breckland adults yet to receive Covid vaccine
- 3 New interior design and homeware shop opens in town
- 4 Heartbroken parents’ appeal over final 13 hours before son’s death
- 5 Draconid meteor shower to be visible over Norfolk next month
- 6 Showers and clear spells in Norfolk and Waveney this week
- 7 How are Norfolk donkeys helping to spark joy across the county?
- 8 Met Office to appeal over refusal of 80ft 'golf ball' weather radar tower
- 9 Take a trip down memory lane to Wymondham College in the 1960s
- 10 A11 closed after lorry crashes into central reservation
Commenting on the support of the Land Rover Premiership Cup, Anthony Bradbury, Marketing Director of Land Rover UK, said: 'Today is a very special day for everyone at Land Rover.
'It gives us great delight that through the Land Rover Premiership Cup these young, aspiring rugby players are able to fulfil a dream and come to Twickenham.
'The tournament is a significant initiative of which we are very proud, and which provides a unique opportunity for young players to channel their enthusiasm for the sport and to play in a national tournament.
'Land Rover's commitment to rugby now covers all levels of the game, supporting the elite of the England team to young players of the future, and we are already looking forward to next season.'