Triples battle it out
TRIPLES from two local clubs contested the final in the Norfolk County Short Mat Championships. Sheila Bragg (skip), Russell Hales and Lee Fallows, from Connaught Bowls Club Attleborough, just lost 5-7 to Chris Mann, Steve and Debbie Phillips from Wymondham.
TRIPLES from two local clubs contested the final in the Norfolk County Short Mat Championships.
Sheila Bragg (skip), Russell Hales and Lee Fallows, from Connaught Bowls Club Attleborough, just lost 5-7 to Chris Mann, Steve and Debbie Phillips from Wymondham.
A well-fought match went to the wire as the two skips exchanged tremendous shots on the last end before Wymondham clinched it.
In the Breckland League Connaught A beat Watton at home by 90-49 and 9-1. R Wells 21-11, R Oatway 20-20, S Bragg 26-8, L Fallows 23-10.
You may also want to watch:
Also in the Breckland League Connaught B lost 61-65 and 3-7 at Hingham. C Taylor 22-12, A Marshall 12-17, A Rush 15-15, R Ramm 12-21.
Christiana Taylor, Joyce Catling and Joyce Hazell continued a good winning run as a triple and the rest of the side fought hard in a narrow defeat.
- 1 Man exposed himself to three teenage girls at Morrisons
- 2 Norfolk nurse's 'lightbulb moment' leads to star-studded dog show panel
- 3 Millions could be spent on better cycle routes around Norwich
- 4 Ofsted praise for ‘inadequate’ Norfolk special school
- 5 Estate agent makes thoughtful donation to 'amazing' NHS heroes
- 6 Village road to shut all day for essential work
- 7 Heavy downpours and strong winds to batter Norfolk
- 8 A47 tailbacks as roadworks move west near Norwich
- 9 Indian variant Covid cases in Norfolk 'cause to be cautious'
- 10 Norfolk college is national finalist in 'Oscars of teaching profession'
In the Tens League Connaught won 62-43 and 4-0 at Horsford. Pairs: W Adcock 16-9, G Wilcox 5-20. Triples: T Musk 15-10, R Oatway 26-4. The winning Connaught blocks all played well, with Bob Oatway in tremendous form skipping his triple.
Although losing, Gordon Wilcox and Peter Hambling scored vital shots at the end to help their side gain maximum points.