Tough game for Wymondham
HAVING had a welcome break, Wymondham get back into London 3 North East League rugby action on Saturday.They have a trip down the A47 to Wisbech for what promises to be a difficult game.
HAVING had a welcome break, Wymondham get back into London 3 North East League rugby action on Saturday.
They have a trip down the A47 to Wisbech for what promises to be a difficult game.
The Tuttles Lane squad continue to be dogged with injuries that have resulted from the hard pitches in the opening games of the season.
Hopefully, the rain this week will have helped soften up the surface and reduce injuries in the coming weeks.
You may also want to watch:
Wisbech and Wymondham have little history at senior level over the past 10 years, meeting only four times with Wymondham winning three, although the last visit to the Cambridge fens in 2007 was a tight affair with Wymondham scraping hope with a two-point margin.
However, the signs are that Wisbech are on the up and have also had a pretty decent start this term, recording comfortable wins over West Norfolk and Billericay.
- 1 Former factory site to become a new church
- 2 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 3 Chainsaw and 10 horse saddles stolen in burglary
- 4 National Living Wage workers to receive pay rise next year
- 5 'It's a big loss' - Town's business owners react after Lloyds announces closure
- 6 See inside this restored period farmhouse for sale for £850,000
- 7 Attleborough set to have no bank as Lloyds announces closure
- 8 Banham Poultry taken over by owner of Bernard Matthews and 2 Sisters
- 9 Furious Scout group demands apology from council in unpaid rents saga
- 10 Van artist creates 'most emotional picture' over teen suicide
Wymondham can be thankful that they have a great depth of players with Stewart Forton becoming the latest casualty with a badly broken finger so Adam Harris has agreed to return from university to help fill in and John Lusted, former first XV skipper, comes back into the side following a three-year sojourn from the club. The backs look more settled and if the Wymondham loose forwards can halt their mobile opposition and Kit Wapshott is able to supply a steady stream of quick ball to the Wymondham backs they could prove a handful for the Cambridgeshire outfit.
The seconds host Norwich II at home (3) and the thirds play Lowestoft & Yarmouth II (3).