Tough game for Wymondham
HAVING had a welcome break, Wymondham get back into London 3 North East League rugby action on Saturday.They have a trip down the A47 to Wisbech for what promises to be a difficult game.
HAVING had a welcome break, Wymondham get back into London 3 North East League rugby action on Saturday.
They have a trip down the A47 to Wisbech for what promises to be a difficult game.
The Tuttles Lane squad continue to be dogged with injuries that have resulted from the hard pitches in the opening games of the season.
Hopefully, the rain this week will have helped soften up the surface and reduce injuries in the coming weeks.
You may also want to watch:
Wisbech and Wymondham have little history at senior level over the past 10 years, meeting only four times with Wymondham winning three, although the last visit to the Cambridge fens in 2007 was a tight affair with Wymondham scraping hope with a two-point margin.
However, the signs are that Wisbech are on the up and have also had a pretty decent start this term, recording comfortable wins over West Norfolk and Billericay.
- 1 New Toolstation branch coming to Wymondham?
- 2 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?
- 3 Man who drove 128 miles for fish and chips among latest Covid fines
- 4 £4.8m funding to tackle scourge of drugs in Norwich
- 5 Covid cases fall in every area of Norfolk for first time since June
- 6 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 7 Concerns raised over proposed energy park's impact on wildlife
- 8 'We won't throw away masks or anti-bac': Couple book post-vaccine holiday
- 9 Flooding fears recede in Norfolk but wind warning issued
- 10 Report into Norfolk Christmas floods could take six months
Wymondham can be thankful that they have a great depth of players with Stewart Forton becoming the latest casualty with a badly broken finger so Adam Harris has agreed to return from university to help fill in and John Lusted, former first XV skipper, comes back into the side following a three-year sojourn from the club. The backs look more settled and if the Wymondham loose forwards can halt their mobile opposition and Kit Wapshott is able to supply a steady stream of quick ball to the Wymondham backs they could prove a handful for the Cambridgeshire outfit.
The seconds host Norwich II at home (3) and the thirds play Lowestoft & Yarmouth II (3).