Tough challenge for taekwondo ace Jack
Jack Spall, from Attleborough, faced his biggest taekwondo challenge to date by competing in three national competitions during February – and ended up with a fine medals haul.
The 12-year-old's 1,600-mile round trip started with the South Midlands championships in Hereford.
Jack's training paid off as he won a well-deserved silver and gold medal.
Then it was off to Deeside for the North Welsh Championships.
Jack was competing in the 17/under category and gained a bronze medal, then overcame on of his arch rivals James Pool from Newport Wales to earn yet another gold trophy.
You may also want to watch:
Then there was another long journey all the way down to Paignton, for the Southern Championships, again competing in the 17/under category and he won bronze and gold.
The month of February has proved a great success for young Jack, who said: '2010 was a great year for me, 2011 is going to be bigger and better. I have so many things I wish to do with my local school and my instructor Master Wurr where I will be starting an instructors' training course.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Two women injured in serious crash which closed road
- 3 18 people miss Covid vaccines after centre opens late
- 4 Who can I vote for on Election Day 2021 in Wymondham?
- 5 The postcard collector who preserved Norfolk history
- 6 How you can create a hedgehog haven
- 7 Town's mayor re-elected despite complaint over date of vote
- 8 'A whirlwind' - how 19-year-old became baking sensation in lockdown
- 9 Nine in 10 want more Post Office services – but no new branch on the cards
- 10 Norfolk Covid cases slightly up but below national averages
'I also plan on being 1st kup this time next year.
'It is also totally awesome once every two weeks I get to train with current nine-times taekwondo world champion Warren Vice.
'Training with him and getting hints and tips is just amazing. It does not get any better than saying you train with Warren Vice. It is just awesome and will also help my career in taekwondo in all the things I aim to achieve.
'Currently I am training five nights a week and as from March 5 will be training with the national squad in Nottingham on a Saturday.
'All my training is in preparation for the United States championships being held in Texas in July.'
Jack's commitment to taekwondo is just something he now classes as an everyday part of his life.
His next competition is the English championships at the end of March.