Top seed Chris Cockburn retains his open singles title
- Credit: PA
Wymondham and District Table Tennis League recently held its annual tournament.
The open singles saw number one seed Chris Cockburn of Marauders retain his title with a 3-1 over Watton's Stephen Clubb.
It was the two losing semi-finalists from the men's open singles who competed for the veterans (over 40s) title, with last year's winner Stuart Laws defeating fellow Saints player Jeremy Cocks 3-0.
Cockburn and Laws teamed up to take the doubles, defeating Phil Waity, also of Saints, and Cocks, 3-0 in the final.
Also achieving doubles were William Cugnoni (Ashwellthorpe Atoms) and Dan Milburn (Ketts Park) in their divisional events.
You may also want to watch:
Watton's Debbie Drew achieved a treble, winning the handicap singles, ladies singles and mixed doubles, with fellow Watton player Kevin Dumble.
Thanks to NMG for generously sponsoring the league.
- 1 Multi-vehicle crash causes delays on A11
- 2 Long tailbacks on A11 after crash
- 3 Stretch of A11 closed due to 'large amount' of tyre debris on road
- 4 'Absolutely wonderful' - Organiser's delight at Old Buckenham Airshow success
- 5 Thousands of rural homes to benefit from broadband funding
- 6 Families chuffed as heritage railway offers free fares for children
- 7 Headteacher 'delighted' as new space created for primary school
- 8 Just 65 people vote in referendum on town council's future
- 9 Ex-pupils and staff reunite at former village school
- 10 Lifeguard, 18, saves teenager from drowning in first days on job