Top seed Chris Cockburn retains his open singles title
- Credit: PA
Wymondham and District Table Tennis League recently held its annual tournament.
The open singles saw number one seed Chris Cockburn of Marauders retain his title with a 3-1 over Watton's Stephen Clubb.
It was the two losing semi-finalists from the men's open singles who competed for the veterans (over 40s) title, with last year's winner Stuart Laws defeating fellow Saints player Jeremy Cocks 3-0.
Cockburn and Laws teamed up to take the doubles, defeating Phil Waity, also of Saints, and Cocks, 3-0 in the final.
Also achieving doubles were William Cugnoni (Ashwellthorpe Atoms) and Dan Milburn (Ketts Park) in their divisional events.
You may also want to watch:
Watton's Debbie Drew achieved a treble, winning the handicap singles, ladies singles and mixed doubles, with fellow Watton player Kevin Dumble.
Thanks to NMG for generously sponsoring the league.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 18 people miss Covid vaccines after centre opens late
- 3 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 4 Nine in 10 want more Post Office services – but no new branch on the cards
- 5 Two women injured in serious crash which closed road
- 6 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 7 Who can I vote for on Election Day 2021 in Wymondham?
- 8 Norfolk airfield to host testing of 'world-first' electric plane
- 9 The postcard collector who preserved Norfolk history
- 10 Car dealership next to doctor's surgery given go-ahead