Top seed Chris Cockburn retains his open singles title
- Credit: PA
Wymondham and District Table Tennis League recently held its annual tournament.
The open singles saw number one seed Chris Cockburn of Marauders retain his title with a 3-1 over Watton's Stephen Clubb.
It was the two losing semi-finalists from the men's open singles who competed for the veterans (over 40s) title, with last year's winner Stuart Laws defeating fellow Saints player Jeremy Cocks 3-0.
Cockburn and Laws teamed up to take the doubles, defeating Phil Waity, also of Saints, and Cocks, 3-0 in the final.
Also achieving doubles were William Cugnoni (Ashwellthorpe Atoms) and Dan Milburn (Ketts Park) in their divisional events.
You may also want to watch:
Watton's Debbie Drew achieved a treble, winning the handicap singles, ladies singles and mixed doubles, with fellow Watton player Kevin Dumble.
Thanks to NMG for generously sponsoring the league.
- 1 Town clerk sacked following months of controversy
- 2 'Sounded like my roof was coming off': RAF jet sonic boom heard over city
- 3 Norwich sonic boom: RAF confirms jet 'inadvertently' caused bang over city
- 4 Waits for second Covid jabs on target in our region
- 5 More than 1,000 laptops donated to children in need in campaign
- 6 Concern people are letting their guards down after getting Covid-19 jabs
- 7 Motoring giant pledges more than 600 brand new laptops to appeal
- 8 Norfolk MP denies breaking ministerial code by working for PPE firm
- 9 Landowners under pressure to stop repeat of floods
- 10 Bagpiper lifts spirits for care home residents on Burns Night