Top seed Chris Cockburn retains his open singles title
- Credit: PA
Wymondham and District Table Tennis League recently held its annual tournament.
The open singles saw number one seed Chris Cockburn of Marauders retain his title with a 3-1 over Watton's Stephen Clubb.
It was the two losing semi-finalists from the men's open singles who competed for the veterans (over 40s) title, with last year's winner Stuart Laws defeating fellow Saints player Jeremy Cocks 3-0.
Cockburn and Laws teamed up to take the doubles, defeating Phil Waity, also of Saints, and Cocks, 3-0 in the final.
Also achieving doubles were William Cugnoni (Ashwellthorpe Atoms) and Dan Milburn (Ketts Park) in their divisional events.
You may also want to watch:
Watton's Debbie Drew achieved a treble, winning the handicap singles, ladies singles and mixed doubles, with fellow Watton player Kevin Dumble.
Thanks to NMG for generously sponsoring the league.
- 1 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 2 See inside this restored period farmhouse for sale for £850,000
- 3 Mum's 100 mile challenge fulfils promise to late daughter
- 4 Van artist creates 'most emotional picture' over teen suicide
- 5 Decision due over controversial plans for 200 new homes
- 6 Parents share their stories as fertility clinic celebrates 1,000 births
- 7 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road
- 8 Banham Poultry taken over by owner of Bernard Matthews and 2 Sisters
- 9 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 10 Furious Scout group demands apology from council in unpaid rents saga