Title triumph for Bunwell
BUNWELL went into the game against Wendling needing one point to win the Crown Fire Central and South Norfolk League Division Three title.They did it in style, winning 4-1.
BUNWELL went into the game against Wendling needing one point to win the Crown Fire Central and South Norfolk League Division Three title.
They did it in style, winning 4-1.
Asserting their dominance they opened the scoring with the hard working Adam Harvey.
Wendling had several counter attacks but the Bunwell defence stood firm with Tom Harvey, Mark Kerridge and Ed Walpole making two fine saves.
Bunwell increased their lead with a great shot from Ron Bloomfield, who lobbed the goalkeeper, with great vision, from 25 yards.
The second half was a closer affair, but top scorer Gary O'Brien with his 30th goal this season made sure Bunwell finished on top, with the icing on the cake from Ron Bloomfield when he scored his second and 25th for the season.
- 1 Trust visited four times by Ofsted during pandemic celebrates verdict
- 2 Stunning images of Norfolk's 'Wolf Moon'
- 3 Delays and road partially blocked after crash near Wymondham
- 4 Custom-built six-bedroom home with indoor slide on the market for £900,000
- 5 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 6 Man who may pose risk to children could be in Norfolk or Suffolk
- 7 Disruptions likely after warnings of dense fog set to last two days
- 8 Teen to stand trial accused of sexual assault
- 9 Cowboy builder Kyle Muir admits fleecing customers out of £48,300
- 10 A11 reopened after two-vehicle crash
Well done to the players and management.