Title triumph for Bunwell
BUNWELL went into the game against Wendling needing one point to win the Crown Fire Central and South Norfolk League Division Three title.They did it in style, winning 4-1.
BUNWELL went into the game against Wendling needing one point to win the Crown Fire Central and South Norfolk League Division Three title.
They did it in style, winning 4-1.
Asserting their dominance they opened the scoring with the hard working Adam Harvey.
Wendling had several counter attacks but the Bunwell defence stood firm with Tom Harvey, Mark Kerridge and Ed Walpole making two fine saves.
Bunwell increased their lead with a great shot from Ron Bloomfield, who lobbed the goalkeeper, with great vision, from 25 yards.
The second half was a closer affair, but top scorer Gary O'Brien with his 30th goal this season made sure Bunwell finished on top, with the icing on the cake from Ron Bloomfield when he scored his second and 25th for the season.
- 1 Weather warning as thunderstorms set to hit Norfolk
- 2 Road closed in mid Norfolk after electrical cables catch fire
- 3 Man accused of £3.5m whiskey theft due back in court
- 4 7 dogs looking for new homes in Norfolk
- 5 New boss at historic Norfolk pub launches fresh menu and community events
- 6 Football club treasurer stole funds to pay for slimming pills
- 7 Bank of England warns people have 100 days to use old £20 and £50 notes
- 8 'It's frustrating' - Vandals damage medieval church's stained glass windows
- 9 Former bank in town could become a Domino's takeaway
- 10 Fast & Furious and Star Wars actor dines in Norfolk pub
Well done to the players and management.