Title triumph for Bunwell
BUNWELL went into the game against Wendling needing one point to win the Crown Fire Central and South Norfolk League Division Three title.They did it in style, winning 4-1.
BUNWELL went into the game against Wendling needing one point to win the Crown Fire Central and South Norfolk League Division Three title.
They did it in style, winning 4-1.
Asserting their dominance they opened the scoring with the hard working Adam Harvey.
Wendling had several counter attacks but the Bunwell defence stood firm with Tom Harvey, Mark Kerridge and Ed Walpole making two fine saves.
You may also want to watch:
Bunwell increased their lead with a great shot from Ron Bloomfield, who lobbed the goalkeeper, with great vision, from 25 yards.
The second half was a closer affair, but top scorer Gary O'Brien with his 30th goal this season made sure Bunwell finished on top, with the icing on the cake from Ron Bloomfield when he scored his second and 25th for the season.
- 1 Town's mayor re-elected despite complaint over date of vote
- 2 The postcard collector who preserved Norfolk history
- 3 'A whirlwind' - how 19-year-old became baking sensation in lockdown
- 4 Person injured and road closed after crash
- 5 Who can I vote for on Election Day 2021 in Wymondham?
- 6 In full: Council's apology to 'vindicated' members after bullying claims
- 7 How you can create a hedgehog haven
- 8 Meet nine-year-old Airlie – the little baker with a big dream
- 9 Flying Scotsman visit to Mid Norfolk Railway confirmed
- 10 Headteacher's plea after near miss involving child in pushchair
Well done to the players and management.