Title joy for Connaught Ladies
Connaught Ladies won the Breckland Bowls League title after beating Mundford 54-45 and 8-0 at home in what was a desperately close last match.S Bragg, M Goode and C Tipton won 19-14, S Parsons, D Adcock and H Banks won 20-18, C Taylor, V Moore and J Barnes won 15-13.
Connaught Ladies won the Breckland Bowls League title after beating Mundford 54-45 and 8-0 at home in what was a desperately close last match.
S Bragg, M Goode and C Tipton won 19-14, S Parsons, D Adcock and H Banks won 20-18, C Taylor, V Moore and J Barnes won 15-13.
All three Connaught triples had fallen behind but came through strongly over the last few ends to win their matches and clinch the title. Nearest rivals, Thetford, won their last match 6-2 at Swaffham to finish just four points behind Connaught.
A Connaught men's side played Eastern Counties EBA in a match forming part of the club's 25th anniversary celebrations. Connaught's six rinks won by 112 shots to 99.
You may also want to watch:
A sum of £265 was raised on the day and sent to The Parkinson's Disease Society in memory of Roy West, a founder member of the club, who died earlier this year.
Connaught now look forward to the finals of the club championships and a Benevolent Day drive before the green closes on September 14. The short mats will be in place on September 20 for the start of the club's indoor season.
- 1 Former factory site to become a new church
- 2 Work started on four new homes without permission
- 3 Woodforde's takes over Old Buckenham pub closed for two years
- 4 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 5 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 6 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 7 Night out safety advice issued after drink-spiking reports in Norfolk
- 8 See inside this restored period farmhouse for sale for £850,000
- 9 Thousands of pounds given to surgery in Lorraine's memory
- 10 Chainsaw and 10 horse saddles stolen in burglary