Taekwondo gold for Attleborough High School’s Jack Spall
Attleborough High School pupil Jack Spall has had a very busy February.
After travelling to North Wales and returning with a gold trophy it was time for the 13-year-old to head to Hereford, just as the bad winter weather struck – although his reward for getting through the snow was a gold medal.
Then it was time to conquer the south west and Salisbury, a competition which has caused him problems in the previous two years. After preparing for the patterns tournament he walked away with a gold and also outright patterns champion.
Sparring was next on the agenda; he received a bye in his first match and in the second won 10-0. In the semi-finals there was another 10-0 victory and in the finals Jack cleaned up, winning 10-1 – an outstanding achievement as he returned to the Anglian Academy of Taekwondo a very proud double gold winner.
'I have struggled at this competition in the previous two years, but this time with the fantastic training of my instructor Master Wurr I followed his advice as best as I could,' said Jack.
You may also want to watch:
'He has started training me at his gym in Fakenham to improve my fitness levels and being the only competitor from East Anglia I am proud to add these to the Academy's trophy cabinet.'
Anyone wishing to become a member of the Anglia Academy Of Taekwondo call Master Tod Wurr on 01362 637030 for more information, or pop down to the scout hut on a Thursday evening at 6.30pm – all ages very welcome.
- 1 Just 65 people vote in referendum on town council's future
- 2 Certificates for Wymondham in Bloom floral displays announced
- 3 Teenager has all clear from testicular cancer after pioneering surgery
- 4 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 5 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 6 Wymondham raises flag ahead of Norwich Pride 2021
- 7 Stretch of A11 closed due to 'large amount' of tyre debris on road
- 8 Horse found with maggot-infested wounds wins rosette at equestrian show
- 9 Headteacher 'delighted' as new space created for primary school
- 10 Woman crashed into two cars after drinking at friend's home, court hears