Taekwondo gold for Attleborough High School’s Jack Spall
Attleborough High School pupil Jack Spall has had a very busy February.
After travelling to North Wales and returning with a gold trophy it was time for the 13-year-old to head to Hereford, just as the bad winter weather struck – although his reward for getting through the snow was a gold medal.
Then it was time to conquer the south west and Salisbury, a competition which has caused him problems in the previous two years. After preparing for the patterns tournament he walked away with a gold and also outright patterns champion.
Sparring was next on the agenda; he received a bye in his first match and in the second won 10-0. In the semi-finals there was another 10-0 victory and in the finals Jack cleaned up, winning 10-1 – an outstanding achievement as he returned to the Anglian Academy of Taekwondo a very proud double gold winner.
'I have struggled at this competition in the previous two years, but this time with the fantastic training of my instructor Master Wurr I followed his advice as best as I could,' said Jack.
You may also want to watch:
'He has started training me at his gym in Fakenham to improve my fitness levels and being the only competitor from East Anglia I am proud to add these to the Academy's trophy cabinet.'
Anyone wishing to become a member of the Anglia Academy Of Taekwondo call Master Tod Wurr on 01362 637030 for more information, or pop down to the scout hut on a Thursday evening at 6.30pm – all ages very welcome.
- 1 Government must step in to help 'desperate' Norwich hospital, says MP
- 2 Man found with cannabis and £1,800 in lockdown, court hears
- 3 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 4 Photo gallery: Snow turns region into winter wonderland
- 5 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 6 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 7 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney
- 8 Greater Anglia pledges to begin Wymondham station improvements this year
- 9 Man charged with drink-driving on the A11
- 10 New Norfolk Trail could 'attract more money' into market town