Taekwondo gold for Attleborough High School’s Jack Spall
Attleborough High School pupil Jack Spall has had a very busy February.
After travelling to North Wales and returning with a gold trophy it was time for the 13-year-old to head to Hereford, just as the bad winter weather struck – although his reward for getting through the snow was a gold medal.
Then it was time to conquer the south west and Salisbury, a competition which has caused him problems in the previous two years. After preparing for the patterns tournament he walked away with a gold and also outright patterns champion.
Sparring was next on the agenda; he received a bye in his first match and in the second won 10-0. In the semi-finals there was another 10-0 victory and in the finals Jack cleaned up, winning 10-1 – an outstanding achievement as he returned to the Anglian Academy of Taekwondo a very proud double gold winner.
'I have struggled at this competition in the previous two years, but this time with the fantastic training of my instructor Master Wurr I followed his advice as best as I could,' said Jack.
You may also want to watch:
'He has started training me at his gym in Fakenham to improve my fitness levels and being the only competitor from East Anglia I am proud to add these to the Academy's trophy cabinet.'
Anyone wishing to become a member of the Anglia Academy Of Taekwondo call Master Tod Wurr on 01362 637030 for more information, or pop down to the scout hut on a Thursday evening at 6.30pm – all ages very welcome.
- 1 Local election results 2021: All the winners in Wymondham
- 2 'It's a blow for the community' - Day centre closes after 43 years
- 3 Norfolk and Suffolk elections 2021: Conservative gain in the south
- 4 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 5 Family to open cafe named for 'cheeky' twins who fought rare disease
- 6 Nine in 10 want more Post Office services – but no new branch on the cards
- 7 18 people miss Covid vaccines after centre opens late
- 8 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 9 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 10 The postcard collector who preserved Norfolk history