Success for Connaught on mats
Connaught Bowls Club, Attleborough, had a successful short mat week marked by the A-team reaching the semi-final of the Norwich Cup.Connaught A beat Cromer at home by 20-4 in a Norwich Cup quarter-final.
Connaught BC, Attleborough, had a successful short mat week marked by the A-team reaching the semi-final of the Norwich Cup.
Connaught A beat Cromer at home by 20-4 in the cup quarter-final. Connaught won eight of the 12 six-end matches and Cromer two; Cromer conceded the last two matches. For Connaught Ray Wells' triple (three wins), Gordon Wilcox's (three wins), and Ty Musk's (two wins) all had 100pc records.
Cromer read the mats well and were skilful on the draw so Connaught had to concentrate hard for their win.
In the Breckland League Connaught A beat Forncett at home by 87-45 and 8-2. L Fallows 25-7, T Musk 15-21, R Wells 19-8, W Adcock 22-7.
You may also want to watch:
In an exciting Tens League match Connaught lost 56-62 and 0-2 at Woodbastwick. Pairs: J Barnes 17-7, W Adcock 10-21. Triples: L Fallows 7-13, R Oatway 15-14.
In the Breckland League: Connaught A won 91-36 and 10-0 at home to Harling Rec. South Norfolk League: Connaught won 56-51 and
- 1 Decision due over controversial plans for 200 new homes
- 2 9 of the best places to see fireworks in Norfolk in 2021
- 3 Town council chaos emerges with groups not paying rent for decades
- 4 Norfolk Covid-19 case rates increase slightly, with 55 in hospital
- 5 'Unbelievably shocked': Norfolk garage team named best in country
- 6 Attleborough gas work road closures postponed until after Christmas
- 7 Two cars involved in crash on A11 slip road
- 8 'He would light up a room' - Tributes to community stalwart, Ian Harrison
- 9 Road closed after tractor trailor overturns near Wymondham
- 10 Norfolk sports retailer opens new fitness showroom
6-4 at home to Hempnall and lost
53-67 and 2-8 away to Horsford. In the Tens League Connaught lost 42-58 and 0-3 at home to Hevingham.