Success for Connaught on mats
Connaught Bowls Club, Attleborough, had a successful short mat week marked by the A-team reaching the semi-final of the Norwich Cup.Connaught A beat Cromer at home by 20-4 in a Norwich Cup quarter-final.
Connaught BC, Attleborough, had a successful short mat week marked by the A-team reaching the semi-final of the Norwich Cup.
Connaught A beat Cromer at home by 20-4 in the cup quarter-final. Connaught won eight of the 12 six-end matches and Cromer two; Cromer conceded the last two matches. For Connaught Ray Wells' triple (three wins), Gordon Wilcox's (three wins), and Ty Musk's (two wins) all had 100pc records.
Cromer read the mats well and were skilful on the draw so Connaught had to concentrate hard for their win.
In the Breckland League Connaught A beat Forncett at home by 87-45 and 8-2. L Fallows 25-7, T Musk 15-21, R Wells 19-8, W Adcock 22-7.
You may also want to watch:
In an exciting Tens League match Connaught lost 56-62 and 0-2 at Woodbastwick. Pairs: J Barnes 17-7, W Adcock 10-21. Triples: L Fallows 7-13, R Oatway 15-14.
In the Breckland League: Connaught A won 91-36 and 10-0 at home to Harling Rec. South Norfolk League: Connaught won 56-51 and
- 1 Government must step in to help 'desperate' Norwich hospital, says MP
- 2 Man found with cannabis and £1,800 in lockdown, court hears
- 3 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 4 Photo gallery: Snow turns region into winter wonderland
- 5 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 6 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 7 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney
- 8 Man charged with drink-driving on the A11
- 9 Greater Anglia pledges to begin Wymondham station improvements this year
- 10 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
6-4 at home to Hempnall and lost
53-67 and 2-8 away to Horsford. In the Tens League Connaught lost 42-58 and 0-3 at home to Hevingham.