Success for Connaught on mats
Connaught Bowls Club, Attleborough, had a successful short mat week marked by the A-team reaching the semi-final of the Norwich Cup.Connaught A beat Cromer at home by 20-4 in a Norwich Cup quarter-final.
Connaught BC, Attleborough, had a successful short mat week marked by the A-team reaching the semi-final of the Norwich Cup.
Connaught A beat Cromer at home by 20-4 in the cup quarter-final. Connaught won eight of the 12 six-end matches and Cromer two; Cromer conceded the last two matches. For Connaught Ray Wells' triple (three wins), Gordon Wilcox's (three wins), and Ty Musk's (two wins) all had 100pc records.
Cromer read the mats well and were skilful on the draw so Connaught had to concentrate hard for their win.
In the Breckland League Connaught A beat Forncett at home by 87-45 and 8-2. L Fallows 25-7, T Musk 15-21, R Wells 19-8, W Adcock 22-7.
In an exciting Tens League match Connaught lost 56-62 and 0-2 at Woodbastwick. Pairs: J Barnes 17-7, W Adcock 10-21. Triples: L Fallows 7-13, R Oatway 15-14.
In the Breckland League: Connaught A won 91-36 and 10-0 at home to Harling Rec. South Norfolk League: Connaught won 56-51 and
- 1 The school where boys can wear skirts - but not shorts
- 2 Cyclist in her 50s dies in A11 crash
- 3 'A great day' - Wymondham holds first food and drink festival
- 4 A11 reopens after air ambulance called to crash
- 5 Wymondham teen wins silver medal at Archery World Cup
- 6 Property: How could the new laws for renters affect you?
- 7 Road closed in mid Norfolk after electrical cables catch fire
- 8 Football club treasurer stole funds to pay for slimming pills
- 9 Weather warning as thunderstorms set to hit Norfolk
- 10 Part of A11 to close for overnight repairs following crash
6-4 at home to Hempnall and lost
53-67 and 2-8 away to Horsford. In the Tens League Connaught lost 42-58 and 0-3 at home to Hevingham.