Success for Connaught on mats
Connaught Bowls Club, Attleborough, had a successful short mat week marked by the A-team reaching the semi-final of the Norwich Cup.Connaught A beat Cromer at home by 20-4 in a Norwich Cup quarter-final.
Connaught BC, Attleborough, had a successful short mat week marked by the A-team reaching the semi-final of the Norwich Cup.
Connaught A beat Cromer at home by 20-4 in the cup quarter-final. Connaught won eight of the 12 six-end matches and Cromer two; Cromer conceded the last two matches. For Connaught Ray Wells' triple (three wins), Gordon Wilcox's (three wins), and Ty Musk's (two wins) all had 100pc records.
Cromer read the mats well and were skilful on the draw so Connaught had to concentrate hard for their win.
In the Breckland League Connaught A beat Forncett at home by 87-45 and 8-2. L Fallows 25-7, T Musk 15-21, R Wells 19-8, W Adcock 22-7.
In an exciting Tens League match Connaught lost 56-62 and 0-2 at Woodbastwick. Pairs: J Barnes 17-7, W Adcock 10-21. Triples: L Fallows 7-13, R Oatway 15-14.
In the Breckland League: Connaught A won 91-36 and 10-0 at home to Harling Rec. South Norfolk League: Connaught won 56-51 and
- 1 Café reopens with dog-friendly menu in Wymondham
- 2 Property spotlight: Inside six-bed Grade II listed home for sale for £695k
- 3 Hughes Electrical to close its Wymondham branch
- 4 Chef nominated for best wedding caterer of the year in the UK
- 5 Meet the new team behind revamped village pub
- 6 Man taken to hospital after car crashed into ditch
- 7 Man who survived motorcycle crash died from Covid, inquest told
- 8 New Co-op branch opening its doors in Wymondham
- 9 Delays and road partially blocked after crash near Wymondham
- 10 A11 reopened after two-vehicle crash
6-4 at home to Hempnall and lost
53-67 and 2-8 away to Horsford. In the Tens League Connaught lost 42-58 and 0-3 at home to Hevingham.