Success for Connaught on mats
Connaught Bowls Club, Attleborough, had a successful short mat week marked by the A-team reaching the semi-final of the Norwich Cup.Connaught A beat Cromer at home by 20-4 in a Norwich Cup quarter-final.
Connaught BC, Attleborough, had a successful short mat week marked by the A-team reaching the semi-final of the Norwich Cup.
Connaught A beat Cromer at home by 20-4 in the cup quarter-final. Connaught won eight of the 12 six-end matches and Cromer two; Cromer conceded the last two matches. For Connaught Ray Wells' triple (three wins), Gordon Wilcox's (three wins), and Ty Musk's (two wins) all had 100pc records.
Cromer read the mats well and were skilful on the draw so Connaught had to concentrate hard for their win.
In the Breckland League Connaught A beat Forncett at home by 87-45 and 8-2. L Fallows 25-7, T Musk 15-21, R Wells 19-8, W Adcock 22-7.
You may also want to watch:
In an exciting Tens League match Connaught lost 56-62 and 0-2 at Woodbastwick. Pairs: J Barnes 17-7, W Adcock 10-21. Triples: L Fallows 7-13, R Oatway 15-14.
In the Breckland League: Connaught A won 91-36 and 10-0 at home to Harling Rec. South Norfolk League: Connaught won 56-51 and
- 1 New Toolstation branch coming to Wymondham?
- 2 Norfolk yet to reach peak in latest wave of coronavirus deaths
- 3 £4.8m funding to tackle scourge of drugs in Norwich
- 4 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?
- 5 Date for museum's reopening 'pencilled in' after missing whole 2020 season
- 6 Egg and Spud Man's delivery service booms in lockdown
- 7 Tree falls on rail line as winds up to 69mph hit Norfolk
- 8 Covid cases fall in every area of Norfolk for first time since June
- 9 Specialist exercises for 'less mobile' during lockdown
- 10 Council agrees u-turn on churchyard grass cutting
6-4 at home to Hempnall and lost
53-67 and 2-8 away to Horsford. In the Tens League Connaught lost 42-58 and 0-3 at home to Hevingham.