Star guest at boxing gym's big day
Attleborough Amateur Boxing Club is holding an open day on Saturday March 6 to officially open its new gym extension. Former Attleborough boxers will be in attendance and the gym will be officially opened by the current Commonwealth Heavyweight Champion Sam Sexton.
Attleborough Amateur Boxing Club is holding an open day on Saturday March 6 to officially open its new gym extension.
Former Attleborough boxers will be in attendance and the gym will be officially opened by the current Commonwealth Heavyweight Champion Sam Sexton.
The specialist boxing gym is situated at Wood Farm, Deopham Road and the newly-extended facility will now be one of the largest of its kind in Norfolk.
With over 3,000 sq ft of training area available the gym boosts two training rings, a large mirrored floor area, a large bank of punch bags plus speed balls and a new enlarged reception area. In addition to this the gym now has some general purpose equipment for fitness lork.
You may also want to watch:
The gym will be open for all members of the public to take a look around the premises and the running track and also see some of the members in action.
The club is open to everyone from aged eight and over and runs a range of classes to suit all needs.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk elections 2021: Conservative gain in the south
- 2 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 3 Local election results 2021: All the winners in Wymondham
- 4 Nine in 10 want more Post Office services – but no new branch on the cards
- 5 'It's a blow for the community' - Day centre closes after 43 years
- 6 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 7 18 people miss Covid vaccines after centre opens late
- 8 Who can I vote for on Election Day 2021 in Wymondham?
- 9 7 cheap or free things to do in Norfolk this weekend
- 10 Town's mayor re-elected despite complaint over date of vote
Coaches will be available on the day and be pleased to talk through specific needs for potential members or simply show what is available.
Attleborough ABC will be holding its second annual duck race on Good Friday (April 2) and ducks are now on sale for �1 each with the first-placed one winning �50.
These are being sold at the gym or by committee members. Last year saw the spectacle of 1,000 yellow plastic ducks racing along the river
For more details of the club open day or duck race email the club on firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01953 457 329.