Star guest at boxing gym's big day
Attleborough Amateur Boxing Club is holding an open day on Saturday March 6 to officially open its new gym extension. Former Attleborough boxers will be in attendance and the gym will be officially opened by the current Commonwealth Heavyweight Champion Sam Sexton.
Attleborough Amateur Boxing Club is holding an open day on Saturday March 6 to officially open its new gym extension.
Former Attleborough boxers will be in attendance and the gym will be officially opened by the current Commonwealth Heavyweight Champion Sam Sexton.
The specialist boxing gym is situated at Wood Farm, Deopham Road and the newly-extended facility will now be one of the largest of its kind in Norfolk.
With over 3,000 sq ft of training area available the gym boosts two training rings, a large mirrored floor area, a large bank of punch bags plus speed balls and a new enlarged reception area. In addition to this the gym now has some general purpose equipment for fitness lork.
You may also want to watch:
The gym will be open for all members of the public to take a look around the premises and the running track and also see some of the members in action.
The club is open to everyone from aged eight and over and runs a range of classes to suit all needs.
- 1 'Little fighter' Rian battling complex mix of heart conditions
- 2 Can you rehome this Terrier who has spent nine years at animal sanctuary?
- 3 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 4 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 5 New Toolstation branch coming to Wymondham?
- 6 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 7 Norfolk bowls star tests positive at world indoor championships
- 8 5 tips from Norwich expert to keep your car in peak condition in lockdown
- 9 Fresh snow falls as weather warning continues for Norfolk and Suffolk
- 10 5 virtual games to play with family and friends over Zoom
Coaches will be available on the day and be pleased to talk through specific needs for potential members or simply show what is available.
Attleborough ABC will be holding its second annual duck race on Good Friday (April 2) and ducks are now on sale for �1 each with the first-placed one winning �50.
These are being sold at the gym or by committee members. Last year saw the spectacle of 1,000 yellow plastic ducks racing along the river
For more details of the club open day or duck race email the club on firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01953 457 329.