Solid finish for Connaught
CONNAUGHT Bowls Club, Attleborough, completed the Men's EBA league season with solid mid-table finishes for their two sides.In South One Connaught Men's A lost 56-63 (1-4) at home to Diss A and then beat Swardeston 82-51 (5-0) at home in their final match.
CONNAUGHT Bowls Club, Attleborough, completed the Men's EBA league season with solid mid-table finishes for their two sides.
In South One Connaught Men's A lost 56-63 (1-4) at home to Diss A and then beat Swardeston 82-51
(5-0) at home in their final match.
In Central Three Connaught Men's B won their last match
72-50 (4-1) at Hingham B.
In the Breckland League Connaught Ladies lost for the first time 52-57 (2-6) at Wymondham Dell. They recovered well to win at Mundford 53-38 (7-1).
- 1 Carriageway of A11 remains closed after air ambulance called to crash
- 2 Road closed in mid Norfolk after electrical cables catch fire
- 3 Pick your own beautiful bouquets in country park's new garden
- 4 Fast & Furious and Star Wars actor dines in Norfolk pub
- 5 Man accused of £3.5m whiskey theft due back in court
- 6 Weather warning as thunderstorms set to hit Norfolk
- 7 Part of A11 to close for overnight repairs following crash
- 8 Former bank in town could become a Domino's takeaway
- 9 Bank of England warns people have 100 days to use old £20 and £50 notes
- 10 New boss at historic Norfolk pub launches fresh menu and community events
In the Ashill Mixed Triples League Division One, Connaught A won 67-30 (7-1) at home to Bradenham A. Also in Division One, Connaught B had two defeats 47-55 (3-5) at home to Thetford A and 46-54 (2-6) at Swaffham A.
In Division Two, Connaught D lost 40-52 (2-6) at home to Thetford C and then at home to Thetford B won 54-49 on shots but drew 4-4
In Division Four, Connaught C lost 41-47 (3-5) at Feltwell B.
Connaught's annual Invitation Shield starts on Saturday, August 9 with matches involving the Ashill, Bradenham, Connaught and Diss clubs (2.30pm start).
Thanks are due to sponsors Marjorie and Vernon Plumpton and Thelma West.