Smashing finale at Wymondham
WYMONDHAM Tennis Club held their end-of-season President's Cup Tournament on Sunday. The weather was glorious and 22 players took part in the mixed doubles event held at Ketts Park.
WYMONDHAM Tennis Club held their end-of-season President's Cup Tournament on Sunday.
The weather was glorious and 22 players took part in the mixed doubles event held at Ketts Park.
Referee Richard Love ran the tournament, with his usual flair, setting up a great final between June Meadows and Gary Mann against Chris Fernihough and Ed Tennant - Chris and Ed were victorious.
Special congratulations to Ed, who is the youngest member ever to have won the cup. The day ended with a splendid tea provided by club members.
You may also want to watch:
Club president Diana Hockaday awarded the trophy to Chris and Ed and thanked Richard Love and Wendy Winterbottom for organising the event.
Picture shows Ed and Chris receiving the cup from president Diana Hockaday and vice-president Wendy Winterbottom.
- 1 It's 'a long, long way' until lockdown restrictions are lifted - Hancock
- 2 Lotus creates 250 new jobs - but will ditch some models
- 3 Ice warning after freezing temperatures overnight
- 4 Missing 84-year-old man found safe and well
- 5 Can you rehome this Terrier who has spent nine years at animal sanctuary?
- 6 Covid led to huge fall in Norfolk parking fines and £1.3m budget hole
- 7 New Toolstation branch coming to Wymondham?
- 8 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 9 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 10 'Little fighter' Rian battling complex mix of heart conditions