Shorten lands water ski titles
Water ski ace Danielle Shorten, from Wymondham, has many reasons to jump for joy.On Sunday she won several titles at the Eastern Region Championships at Pentney near King's Lynn and has also been picked for the U21 European Championships in France next month.
Water ski ace Danielle Shorten, from Wymondham, has many reasons to jump for joy.
On Sunday she won several titles at the Eastern Region Championships at Pentney near King's Lynn and has also been picked for the U21 European Championships in France next month. Danielle, 19 on Sunday, will compete in the tricks, slalom and jump - the only woman in the four-strong GB team.
She has also been picked to be part of the open Europeans competition which is being held this year at Thorpe in Surrey.
The Open category is for anyone over the age of 21 but Danielle has been picked despite being well under this age group.
You may also want to watch:
At the regional championships last weekend Danielle won three ladies' events - the overall title, the jump (with a distance of 42.6 metres) and the tricks category.
She has finished her first year of a sports coaching degree at Easton College and is hoping to break the British record this year of 45.7m although she will still have two years left to try.
- 1 Decision due over controversial plans for 200 new homes
- 2 9 of the best places to see fireworks in Norfolk in 2021
- 3 Town council chaos emerges with groups not paying rent for decades
- 4 Norfolk Covid-19 case rates increase slightly, with 55 in hospital
- 5 'Unbelievably shocked': Norfolk garage team named best in country
- 6 Two cars involved in crash on A11 slip road
- 7 'He would light up a room' - Tributes to community stalwart, Ian Harrison
- 8 Attleborough gas work road closures postponed until after Christmas
- 9 Road closed after tractor trailor overturns near Wymondham
- 10 Amazing drone footage shows Flying Scotsman travelling through Norfolk
Danielle trained in Florida with sister Kelly, 21, at Easter and has been training at Tallington Lakes through the winter, all weekends and during the week now and is still a part-time life guard at Wymondham Leisure Centre.
Kelly graduated this week from UEA with a degree in sports coaching and will start a teacher training course there in