Sharma's knock is key
Great Melton U15B team beat Great Ellingham by 44 runs at Melton Park in the South Norfolk Community League.VIV Sharma's big-hitting 71 enabled Great Melton U15 to recover from the loss of three wickets in an over and make it four victories out of four in the South Norfolk Community League.
Great Melton U15B team beat Great Ellingham by 44 runs at Melton Park in the South Norfolk Community League.
VIV Sharma's big-hitting 71 enabled Great Melton U15 to recover from the loss of three wickets in an over and make it four victories out of four in the South Norfolk Community League.
Batting first against Great Ellingham Melton got off to a flying start, helped by some wayward bowling by the visitors but, when K Snowling came on to bowl things changed. Snowling removed George King (6), George Ducker (10) and Toby Wyatt (0) in his first over to reduce Melton to 36-3.
Just as at Bunwell where Sharma came in to rescue Melton with a century, Melton's number four did the same again, smashing any loose deliveries to all parts of the ground. Well-supported by Tom Smith (16 not out), Sharma hit three sixes and eight fours in a partnership of 87 in just eight overs before retiring with 71 to enable some of the other Melton batsmen to have a knock in the final three overs. Melton eventually totalled 135-5.
You may also want to watch:
Ellingham never really tried to overhaul Melton's total but Brendon Ledaborer batted very well in his unbeaten 32 as the visitors made 91-6.
Correy Connolly (3-0-9-2), Sam Rock (3-1-12-2) and Aaron Durrant (3-0-10-0) were the pick of the bowlers but Wyatt and Smith also grabbed a wicket apiece.
- 1 Former factory site to become a new church
- 2 Woodforde's takes over Old Buckenham pub closed for two years
- 3 Work started on four new homes without permission
- 4 Man appears in court over Class A drug charge
- 5 Farm worker fined after hay bales fall off trailer and hit car
- 6 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 7 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 8 Night out safety advice issued after drink-spiking reports in Norfolk
- 9 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 10 See inside this restored period farmhouse for sale for £850,000
The South Norfolk Community League is proving a good competition for Melton as it is enabling some of the lads like Tom Smith, Aaron Durrant, Sam Rock, Daniel Hayward and Correy Connolly who would not feature regularly in the Alliance competitions, to play competitive cricket.