Season gets hectic
TEAMS from Connaught Bowls Club, Attleborough, played five short mat league matches in the week as the season entered a hectic phase.Connaught A maintained their Breckland League challenge with two maximum points victories.
TEAMS from Connaught Bowls Club, Attleborough, played five short mat league matches in the week as the season entered a hectic phase.
Connaught A maintained their Breckland League challenge with two maximum points victories.
At home to Hingham Connaught A won by 110-33 and 10-0. R Wells 36-7, L Fallows 32-7, R Oatway 27-11, S Bragg 15-8. Connaught A had lost away to Hingham and were in determined mood for the return. Three triples played well in convincing wins. Sheila Bragg played brilliantly to pull her triple through.
Away to Connaught B in a derby match Connaught A won 94-32 and 10-0. W Adcock 20, A Rush 11; S Bragg 27, K Lurcock 3; L Fallows 26, R Ramm 7; R Wells 21, R Gilmour 11. With six of their players unavailable, Connaught B played with great spirit. Alison Rush's triple dropped eight shots in the first two ends but then held their own against Bill Adcock. Rick Gilmour's triple held Ray Wells to 11-11 after 14 ends before the A triple raised their game in the closing stages.
You may also want to watch:
In the South Norfolk League Connaught lost by 44-72 and 0-10 at bottom-placed Mulbarton. G Wilcox 10-16, S Bragg 9-17, D Liles 14-24, T Musk 11-15. The home side blitzed Connaught from the start in each match and made a nonsense of their previous results.
Also in the South Norfolk League Connaught won 61-49 and 8-2 at second-placed Thurton: S Bragg 16-10, D Liles 8-18, G Wilcox 21-11, T Musk 16-10.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 18 people miss Covid vaccines after centre opens late
- 3 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 4 Nine in 10 want more Post Office services – but no new branch on the cards
- 5 Two women injured in serious crash which closed road
- 6 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 7 Who can I vote for on Election Day 2021 in Wymondham?
- 8 Norfolk airfield to host testing of 'world-first' electric plane
- 9 The postcard collector who preserved Norfolk history
- 10 Car dealership next to doctor's surgery given go-ahead