Salmon goal clinches points for Wymondham
- Credit: Archant
Hindringham Town 0 Wymondham Town 1
Wymondham Town travelled to Hindringham hoping to put the disappointment of the Tuesday evening's heavy defeat firmly behind them.
Town still had five players unavailable through injury but such is the depth and commitment of the squad this season that they still managed to field a very strong team.
Town started well with fast flowing football which led to three clear-cut chances that they did not take advantage of. Town were persistent though and got their reward on 35 minutes when, after a flowing move down the left hand side, a pin point cross was met by captain for the day Tommy Salmon who rifled the ball in to the roof of the net.
Town then played with complete composure to keep the 1-0 advantage at half-time.
You may also want to watch:
Town started the second half in a sluggish manner but thanks to a great defensive performance Hindringham were reduced to speculative long range efforts. Manager Matt Bradley introduced his first substitute on 65 minutes and that seemed to prompt Town into action. They spent much of the remainder of the game in the hosts' half and created many chances but unfortunately were unable to take advantage of any of them. At the final whistle Town had gained their first victory of the season after the midweek loss to Bradenham and the abandoned first match of the season at home to Sheringham.
Town could and should have won this fixture by many more goals but the victory has kick-started their season. Man of the match was Tommy Salmon.
- 1 Charity shops see record sales and donations after reopening
- 2 Anorexic woman calls for BMI to be scrapped in assessing need for help
- 3 Under-50s to be called for vaccines as Moderna jab arrives in England
- 4 Charity's emergency appeal after losing £2.1m in pandemic
- 5 Deaf sheepdog returns to work - after learning sign language
- 6 Man to be sentenced over Wymondham arson
- 7 Man jailed after being found with over £6,500 worth of drugs
- 8 Health bosses step up effort to vaccinate vulnerable communities
- 9 Election 2021: Norfolk and Suffolk council candidates published
- 10 Who are candidates to be Norfolk's new police and crime commissioner?
It's as you were again this Saturday as Town once more travel to Hindringham in the first round of the Norfolk Senior Cup. This Saturday at the Kings Head Meadow Wymondham Town Reserves take on Bungay Town Reserves (2.30pm).