Salmon goal clinches points for Wymondham
- Credit: Archant
Hindringham Town 0 Wymondham Town 1
Wymondham Town travelled to Hindringham hoping to put the disappointment of the Tuesday evening's heavy defeat firmly behind them.
Town still had five players unavailable through injury but such is the depth and commitment of the squad this season that they still managed to field a very strong team.
Town started well with fast flowing football which led to three clear-cut chances that they did not take advantage of. Town were persistent though and got their reward on 35 minutes when, after a flowing move down the left hand side, a pin point cross was met by captain for the day Tommy Salmon who rifled the ball in to the roof of the net.
Town then played with complete composure to keep the 1-0 advantage at half-time.
You may also want to watch:
Town started the second half in a sluggish manner but thanks to a great defensive performance Hindringham were reduced to speculative long range efforts. Manager Matt Bradley introduced his first substitute on 65 minutes and that seemed to prompt Town into action. They spent much of the remainder of the game in the hosts' half and created many chances but unfortunately were unable to take advantage of any of them. At the final whistle Town had gained their first victory of the season after the midweek loss to Bradenham and the abandoned first match of the season at home to Sheringham.
Town could and should have won this fixture by many more goals but the victory has kick-started their season. Man of the match was Tommy Salmon.
- 1 Former factory site to become a new church
- 2 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 3 Chainsaw and 10 horse saddles stolen in burglary
- 4 National Living Wage workers to receive pay rise next year
- 5 See inside this restored period farmhouse for sale for £850,000
- 6 'It's a big loss' - Town's business owners react after Lloyds announces closure
- 7 Parents share their stories as fertility clinic celebrates 1,000 births
- 8 Attleborough set to have no bank as Lloyds announces closure
- 9 Van artist creates 'most emotional picture' over teen suicide
- 10 Banham Poultry taken over by owner of Bernard Matthews and 2 Sisters
It's as you were again this Saturday as Town once more travel to Hindringham in the first round of the Norfolk Senior Cup. This Saturday at the Kings Head Meadow Wymondham Town Reserves take on Bungay Town Reserves (2.30pm).