Running, jumping, fundraising
AN athletics event has been organised by Laura McDonald at Wymondham Leisure Centre tomorrow (Friday) to raise money for Sport Relief. Karen Buchanan from BBC Radio Norfolk is also coming along to cover the competition and broadcast live throughout the day as part of the BBC's Sport Relief coverage.
AN athletics event has been organised by Laura McDonald at Wymondham Leisure Centre tomorrow (Friday) to raise money for Sport Relief.
Karen Buchanan from BBC Radio Norfolk is also coming along to cover the competition and broadcast live throughout the day as part of the BBC's Sport Relief coverage.
All-rounder Laura is a 2012 young sporting ambassador for Norfolk and is one of the UK's highest ranking athletes in her age group.
She receives a massive amount of help from her school in order to work with, coach and complete a training schedule during school time as well as juggle her academic needs.
You may also want to watch:
She has decided therefore to organise a sport relief event for Wymondham High School at the nearby leisure centre.
This is to involve around 100 of her fellow pupils, in order to put something back into the school and involve others in athletics.
- 1 Local election results 2021: All the winners in Wymondham
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk elections 2021: Conservative gain in the south
- 3 'It's a blow for the community' - Day centre closes after 43 years
- 4 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 5 Nine in 10 want more Post Office services – but no new branch on the cards
- 6 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 7 Family to open cafe named for 'cheeky' twins who fought rare disease
- 8 18 people miss Covid vaccines after centre opens late
- 9 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 10 The postcard collector who preserved Norfolk history
The event will be in the form of an indoor athletics competition with school teams from Wymondham High competing for medals and a trophy donated by the City of Norwich Athletics Club who are also providing helpers on the day.
All fundraising from the event will go to the BBC's Sport
The event will kick off at around 9.30 in the morning and finish with presentations, hopefully given by a local sporting celebrity at around 2.30 in the afternoon.