Running, jumping, fundraising
AN athletics event has been organised by Laura McDonald at Wymondham Leisure Centre tomorrow (Friday) to raise money for Sport Relief. Karen Buchanan from BBC Radio Norfolk is also coming along to cover the competition and broadcast live throughout the day as part of the BBC's Sport Relief coverage.
AN athletics event has been organised by Laura McDonald at Wymondham Leisure Centre tomorrow (Friday) to raise money for Sport Relief.
Karen Buchanan from BBC Radio Norfolk is also coming along to cover the competition and broadcast live throughout the day as part of the BBC's Sport Relief coverage.
All-rounder Laura is a 2012 young sporting ambassador for Norfolk and is one of the UK's highest ranking athletes in her age group.
She receives a massive amount of help from her school in order to work with, coach and complete a training schedule during school time as well as juggle her academic needs.
You may also want to watch:
She has decided therefore to organise a sport relief event for Wymondham High School at the nearby leisure centre.
This is to involve around 100 of her fellow pupils, in order to put something back into the school and involve others in athletics.
- 1 Just 65 people vote in referendum on town council's future
- 2 Certificates for Wymondham in Bloom floral displays announced
- 3 Teenager has all clear from testicular cancer after pioneering surgery
- 4 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 5 Stretch of A11 closed due to 'large amount' of tyre debris on road
- 6 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 7 Wymondham raises flag ahead of Norwich Pride 2021
- 8 Horse found with maggot-infested wounds wins rosette at equestrian show
- 9 Woman crashed into two cars after drinking at friend's home, court hears
- 10 Norfolk couple's hopes of £1m 'doorstop' sculpture dashed
The event will be in the form of an indoor athletics competition with school teams from Wymondham High competing for medals and a trophy donated by the City of Norwich Athletics Club who are also providing helpers on the day.
All fundraising from the event will go to the BBC's Sport
The event will kick off at around 9.30 in the morning and finish with presentations, hopefully given by a local sporting celebrity at around 2.30 in the afternoon.