Runners spring into action
THE beautiful spring weather brought several Wymondham Athletics Club runners to the Broadland Half Marathon on Sunday.The out-and-back race route took in some very picturesque scenery through the charming villages of South Walsham, Ranworth and Salhouse.
THE beautiful spring weather brought several Wymondham AC runners to the Broadland Half Marathon on Sunday.
The out-and back race route took in some very picturesque scenery through the charming villages of South Walsham, Ranworth and Salhouse.
The race, which is organised by Norwich Road Runners, is well attended by runners using the race as a sharpener for the London Marathon.
The undulating course and the surprisingly warm temperature made the race a tough one, however, the WAC male athletes led a very strong race with
Terry Epps being the first member home in a very well-earned 1-28:52, closely followed just seconds later by Eddie Greenland in 1-28:57.
Another strong finish from Russell Clarke in 1-30.19, An impressive result for Russell in view of completing the Iron Man in Malaysia just the weekend before.
- 1 Cyclist in her 50s dies in A11 crash
- 2 21-year-old who sought mental health help died during Covid isolation
- 3 The school where boys can wear skirts - but not shorts
- 4 'A great day' - Wymondham holds first food and drink festival
- 5 Can you complete the Census 2021 map game?
- 6 Wymondham teen wins silver medal at Archery World Cup
- 7 7 dogs looking for new homes in Norfolk
- 8 Road closed in mid Norfolk after electrical cables catch fire
- 9 New boss at historic Norfolk pub launches fresh menu and community events
- 10 A11 reopens after air ambulance called to crash
Dave Dysart followed in 1-49:25, Mike Smith 1-56:24, Steve Cuviello 2-00:55 and Louis Cooper 2-01:56
Leading the Wymondham Ladies home was Tracy Stevens in 1-42:18. Tracy, and fellow members, Terry Epps and Eddie Greenland used this race as part of their training schedules, in preparation for the London Marathon next month.
Tracy Dodsworth 1-50:49, Louise Barker 1-51:14, Anne Martin 2-02:31 and Lucy Perry 2-03:59 completed the Wymondham Ladies line up.
Wymondham AC meets every Monday evening at 6.30pm at the Rugby Club on Tuttles Lane. Runners of all abilities are welcome.
Further details can be found at www.wymondhamac.org.uk