Runners spring into action
THE beautiful spring weather brought several Wymondham Athletics Club runners to the Broadland Half Marathon on Sunday.The out-and-back race route took in some very picturesque scenery through the charming villages of South Walsham, Ranworth and Salhouse.
THE beautiful spring weather brought several Wymondham AC runners to the Broadland Half Marathon on Sunday.
The out-and back race route took in some very picturesque scenery through the charming villages of South Walsham, Ranworth and Salhouse.
The race, which is organised by Norwich Road Runners, is well attended by runners using the race as a sharpener for the London Marathon.
The undulating course and the surprisingly warm temperature made the race a tough one, however, the WAC male athletes led a very strong race with
You may also want to watch:
Terry Epps being the first member home in a very well-earned 1-28:52, closely followed just seconds later by Eddie Greenland in 1-28:57.
Another strong finish from Russell Clarke in 1-30.19, An impressive result for Russell in view of completing the Iron Man in Malaysia just the weekend before.
- 1 Decision due over controversial plans for 200 new homes
- 2 9 of the best places to see fireworks in Norfolk in 2021
- 3 Town council chaos emerges with groups not paying rent for decades
- 4 Norfolk Covid-19 case rates increase slightly, with 55 in hospital
- 5 'Unbelievably shocked': Norfolk garage team named best in country
- 6 Attleborough gas work road closures postponed until after Christmas
- 7 Two cars involved in crash on A11 slip road
- 8 'He would light up a room' - Tributes to community stalwart, Ian Harrison
- 9 Road closed after tractor trailor overturns near Wymondham
- 10 Norfolk sports retailer opens new fitness showroom
Dave Dysart followed in 1-49:25, Mike Smith 1-56:24, Steve Cuviello 2-00:55 and Louis Cooper 2-01:56
Leading the Wymondham Ladies home was Tracy Stevens in 1-42:18. Tracy, and fellow members, Terry Epps and Eddie Greenland used this race as part of their training schedules, in preparation for the London Marathon next month.
Tracy Dodsworth 1-50:49, Louise Barker 1-51:14, Anne Martin 2-02:31 and Lucy Perry 2-03:59 completed the Wymondham Ladies line up.
Wymondham AC meets every Monday evening at 6.30pm at the Rugby Club on Tuttles Lane. Runners of all abilities are welcome.
Further details can be found at www.wymondhamac.org.uk