Runners spring into action
THE beautiful spring weather brought several Wymondham Athletics Club runners to the Broadland Half Marathon on Sunday.The out-and-back race route took in some very picturesque scenery through the charming villages of South Walsham, Ranworth and Salhouse.
THE beautiful spring weather brought several Wymondham AC runners to the Broadland Half Marathon on Sunday.
The out-and back race route took in some very picturesque scenery through the charming villages of South Walsham, Ranworth and Salhouse.
The race, which is organised by Norwich Road Runners, is well attended by runners using the race as a sharpener for the London Marathon.
The undulating course and the surprisingly warm temperature made the race a tough one, however, the WAC male athletes led a very strong race with
You may also want to watch:
Terry Epps being the first member home in a very well-earned 1-28:52, closely followed just seconds later by Eddie Greenland in 1-28:57.
Another strong finish from Russell Clarke in 1-30.19, An impressive result for Russell in view of completing the Iron Man in Malaysia just the weekend before.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 18 people miss Covid vaccines after centre opens late
- 3 Two women injured in serious crash which closed road
- 4 Who can I vote for on Election Day 2021 in Wymondham?
- 5 The postcard collector who preserved Norfolk history
- 6 Nine in 10 want more Post Office services – but no new branch on the cards
- 7 How you can create a hedgehog haven
- 8 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 9 Town's mayor re-elected despite complaint over date of vote
- 10 'A whirlwind' - how 19-year-old became baking sensation in lockdown
Dave Dysart followed in 1-49:25, Mike Smith 1-56:24, Steve Cuviello 2-00:55 and Louis Cooper 2-01:56
Leading the Wymondham Ladies home was Tracy Stevens in 1-42:18. Tracy, and fellow members, Terry Epps and Eddie Greenland used this race as part of their training schedules, in preparation for the London Marathon next month.
Tracy Dodsworth 1-50:49, Louise Barker 1-51:14, Anne Martin 2-02:31 and Lucy Perry 2-03:59 completed the Wymondham Ladies line up.
Wymondham AC meets every Monday evening at 6.30pm at the Rugby Club on Tuttles Lane. Runners of all abilities are welcome.
Further details can be found at www.wymondhamac.org.uk