Runners spring into action
THE beautiful spring weather brought several Wymondham Athletics Club runners to the Broadland Half Marathon on Sunday.The out-and-back race route took in some very picturesque scenery through the charming villages of South Walsham, Ranworth and Salhouse.
THE beautiful spring weather brought several Wymondham AC runners to the Broadland Half Marathon on Sunday.
The out-and back race route took in some very picturesque scenery through the charming villages of South Walsham, Ranworth and Salhouse.
The race, which is organised by Norwich Road Runners, is well attended by runners using the race as a sharpener for the London Marathon.
The undulating course and the surprisingly warm temperature made the race a tough one, however, the WAC male athletes led a very strong race with
You may also want to watch:
Terry Epps being the first member home in a very well-earned 1-28:52, closely followed just seconds later by Eddie Greenland in 1-28:57.
Another strong finish from Russell Clarke in 1-30.19, An impressive result for Russell in view of completing the Iron Man in Malaysia just the weekend before.
- 1 New Toolstation branch coming to Wymondham?
- 2 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?
- 3 £4.8m funding to tackle scourge of drugs in Norwich
- 4 Norfolk yet to reach peak in latest wave of coronavirus deaths
- 5 Covid cases fall in every area of Norfolk for first time since June
- 6 Man who drove 128 miles for fish and chips among latest Covid fines
- 7 'We won't throw away masks or anti-bac': Couple book post-vaccine holiday
- 8 Concerns raised over proposed energy park's impact on wildlife
- 9 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 10 Flooding fears recede in Norfolk but wind warning issued
Dave Dysart followed in 1-49:25, Mike Smith 1-56:24, Steve Cuviello 2-00:55 and Louis Cooper 2-01:56
Leading the Wymondham Ladies home was Tracy Stevens in 1-42:18. Tracy, and fellow members, Terry Epps and Eddie Greenland used this race as part of their training schedules, in preparation for the London Marathon next month.
Tracy Dodsworth 1-50:49, Louise Barker 1-51:14, Anne Martin 2-02:31 and Lucy Perry 2-03:59 completed the Wymondham Ladies line up.
Wymondham AC meets every Monday evening at 6.30pm at the Rugby Club on Tuttles Lane. Runners of all abilities are welcome.
Further details can be found at www.wymondhamac.org.uk