Rooks to face Wroxham XI
WYMONDHAM Town took on Hempnall in a pre-season game at the King's Head Meadow. The Rooks were looking to put in an improved performance and they certainly delivered.
WYMONDHAM Town took on Hempnall in a pre-season game at the King's Head Meadow.
The Rooks were looking to put in an improved performance and they certainly delivered. Throughout the game Town competed for everything against a side which will be challenging for the Sterry Cup.
First half was even, with few chances at either end. The closest Town came to scoring was when Speller shot just wide. Town did take the lead following good work from Brown who found McCloy who finished well.
Hempnall had a couple of good chances, most notably when Ramsbottom blocked well. Changes were made to both teams and the game went from end to end, not always in the prettiest way! Towns best chance came when McCloy was denied by an excellent last-ditch tackle.
You may also want to watch:
Hempnall, of course, had their chances, most notably when Hill denied Hunter from a well-struck free-kick. Town held on, ultimately the win was pleasing but the sheer effort was the biggest bonus.
Town's final pre-season game will be against a Wroxham XI in the President's Cup on Friday at Wymondham, ko at 6.30pm. There will be a bar, barbecue and raffle.
- 1 It's 'a long, long way' until lockdown restrictions are lifted - Hancock
- 2 New Toolstation branch coming to Wymondham?
- 3 Can you rehome this Terrier who has spent nine years at animal sanctuary?
- 4 Ice warning after freezing temperatures overnight
- 5 'Little fighter' Rian battling complex mix of heart conditions
- 6 Lotus creates 250 new jobs - but will ditch some models
- 7 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 8 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 9 Norfolk bowls star tests positive at world indoor championships
- 10 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter