Rooks to face Wroxham XI
WYMONDHAM Town took on Hempnall in a pre-season game at the King's Head Meadow. The Rooks were looking to put in an improved performance and they certainly delivered.
WYMONDHAM Town took on Hempnall in a pre-season game at the King's Head Meadow.
The Rooks were looking to put in an improved performance and they certainly delivered. Throughout the game Town competed for everything against a side which will be challenging for the Sterry Cup.
First half was even, with few chances at either end. The closest Town came to scoring was when Speller shot just wide. Town did take the lead following good work from Brown who found McCloy who finished well.
Hempnall had a couple of good chances, most notably when Ramsbottom blocked well. Changes were made to both teams and the game went from end to end, not always in the prettiest way! Towns best chance came when McCloy was denied by an excellent last-ditch tackle.
You may also want to watch:
Hempnall, of course, had their chances, most notably when Hill denied Hunter from a well-struck free-kick. Town held on, ultimately the win was pleasing but the sheer effort was the biggest bonus.
Town's final pre-season game will be against a Wroxham XI in the President's Cup on Friday at Wymondham, ko at 6.30pm. There will be a bar, barbecue and raffle.
- 1 Decision due over controversial plans for 200 new homes
- 2 9 of the best places to see fireworks in Norfolk in 2021
- 3 Town council chaos emerges with groups not paying rent for decades
- 4 Norfolk Covid-19 case rates increase slightly, with 55 in hospital
- 5 'Unbelievably shocked': Norfolk garage team named best in country
- 6 Attleborough gas work road closures postponed until after Christmas
- 7 Two cars involved in crash on A11 slip road
- 8 'He would light up a room' - Tributes to community stalwart, Ian Harrison
- 9 Road closed after tractor trailor overturns near Wymondham
- 10 Norfolk sports retailer opens new fitness showroom