Rooks to face Wroxham XI
WYMONDHAM Town took on Hempnall in a pre-season game at the King's Head Meadow. The Rooks were looking to put in an improved performance and they certainly delivered.
WYMONDHAM Town took on Hempnall in a pre-season game at the King's Head Meadow.
The Rooks were looking to put in an improved performance and they certainly delivered. Throughout the game Town competed for everything against a side which will be challenging for the Sterry Cup.
First half was even, with few chances at either end. The closest Town came to scoring was when Speller shot just wide. Town did take the lead following good work from Brown who found McCloy who finished well.
Hempnall had a couple of good chances, most notably when Ramsbottom blocked well. Changes were made to both teams and the game went from end to end, not always in the prettiest way! Towns best chance came when McCloy was denied by an excellent last-ditch tackle.
Hempnall, of course, had their chances, most notably when Hill denied Hunter from a well-struck free-kick. Town held on, ultimately the win was pleasing but the sheer effort was the biggest bonus.
Town's final pre-season game will be against a Wroxham XI in the President's Cup on Friday at Wymondham, ko at 6.30pm. There will be a bar, barbecue and raffle.
- 1 The school where boys can wear skirts - but not shorts
- 2 Cyclist in her 50s dies in A11 crash
- 3 'A great day' - Wymondham holds first food and drink festival
- 4 A11 reopens after air ambulance called to crash
- 5 Wymondham teen wins silver medal at Archery World Cup
- 6 Property: How could the new laws for renters affect you?
- 7 Road closed in mid Norfolk after electrical cables catch fire
- 8 Weather warning as thunderstorms set to hit Norfolk
- 9 Football club treasurer stole funds to pay for slimming pills
- 10 Part of A11 to close for overnight repairs following crash