Rooks to face Wroxham XI
WYMONDHAM Town took on Hempnall in a pre-season game at the King's Head Meadow. The Rooks were looking to put in an improved performance and they certainly delivered.
WYMONDHAM Town took on Hempnall in a pre-season game at the King's Head Meadow.
The Rooks were looking to put in an improved performance and they certainly delivered. Throughout the game Town competed for everything against a side which will be challenging for the Sterry Cup.
First half was even, with few chances at either end. The closest Town came to scoring was when Speller shot just wide. Town did take the lead following good work from Brown who found McCloy who finished well.
Hempnall had a couple of good chances, most notably when Ramsbottom blocked well. Changes were made to both teams and the game went from end to end, not always in the prettiest way! Towns best chance came when McCloy was denied by an excellent last-ditch tackle.
You may also want to watch:
Hempnall, of course, had their chances, most notably when Hill denied Hunter from a well-struck free-kick. Town held on, ultimately the win was pleasing but the sheer effort was the biggest bonus.
Town's final pre-season game will be against a Wroxham XI in the President's Cup on Friday at Wymondham, ko at 6.30pm. There will be a bar, barbecue and raffle.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk elections 2021: Conservative gain in the south
- 2 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 3 Local election results 2021: All the winners in Wymondham
- 4 Nine in 10 want more Post Office services – but no new branch on the cards
- 5 'It's a blow for the community' - Day centre closes after 43 years
- 6 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 7 18 people miss Covid vaccines after centre opens late
- 8 Who can I vote for on Election Day 2021 in Wymondham?
- 9 7 cheap or free things to do in Norfolk this weekend
- 10 Town's mayor re-elected despite complaint over date of vote