Rooks take heart from win at Sole
Sole Bay 1, Wymondham Tn 3 WYMONDHAM Town travelled to face bottom team Sole Bay in Anglian Combination Division One and came away with a hard-earned victory.
Sole Bay 1, Wymondham Tn 3
WYMONDHAM Town travelled to face bottom team Sole Bay in Anglian Combination Division One and came away with a hard-earned victory.
The Rooks started tentatively and the opening stages were even. Gradually Town started to impose themselves on the opposition with Ramsbottom using his pace to get behind the defence.
When an under-hit back pass failed to reach the keeper Rackham rounded him and slotted in off the post.
You may also want to watch:
With the goal, confidence came back and Town were correctly awarded a penalty following a foul on Ramsbottom. Rackham confidently sent the keeper the wrong way.
Town continued to press with Fox and Williamson developing their under-standing, Williamson getting forward at every opportunity.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 18 people miss Covid vaccines after centre opens late
- 3 Two women injured in serious crash which closed road
- 4 Who can I vote for on Election Day 2021 in Wymondham?
- 5 The postcard collector who preserved Norfolk history
- 6 Nine in 10 want more Post Office services – but no new branch on the cards
- 7 How you can create a hedgehog haven
- 8 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 9 Town's mayor re-elected despite complaint over date of vote
- 10 'A whirlwind' - how 19-year-old became baking sensation in lockdown
But Town were wasteful in front of goal. Town did have a scare when Sole Bay had a goal disallowed for offside.
For the first ten minutes of the second half Town were under pressure and Sole Bay got a deflected goal with Town failing to put in a challenge.
Etheridge and Cracknell were strong in the centre but manager Parry made a telling challenge to deny the Sole Bay player a clear shot.
Town slowly got a grip on the game with Parry and Priest winning the midfield exchanges but Town had to hack off the line after a scramble. Hutt, Speller and McCloy were introduced and made positive contributions.
Parity was only restored in the last minute when McCloy was denied by a fine save, only for the home defender to chest control into the goal.
The home keeper had a fine game and denied McCloy, Cracknell and Rackham with fine saves. MoM: Rackham, two goals and lots of running.
Wymondham next entertain Long Stratton.