Rooks rev up with four goals
Caister 1, Wymondham Town 4
Wymondham started well and Ramsbottom drew an excellent save from the home keeper. McCloy had a good chance but fired just wide.
Caister had a good 20-minute spell in which time Seaman (MoM) made a telling block. Soon after, the Rooks broke the deadlock when Downs fired in a shot from 25 yards which went through the keeper's legs.
Town doubled their lead when McCloy linked with O'Brien to fire into the roof of the net, before Caister pulled one back.
You may also want to watch:
In the second half Town stamped their authority on the match. Downs netted an angled drive which skidded in from 25 yards. The fourth came when Ramsbottom battled well, the ball fell to Speller who slotted home. Caister forced a couple of saves from Hodges and Seaman cleared off the line.
- 1 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 2 Is your surname on this list? You could inherit a fortune
- 3 Covid cases fall in every area of Norfolk for first time since June
- 4 Inquests into deaths at Banham Poultry adjourned for seventh time
- 5 Concerns raised over proposed energy park's impact on wildlife
- 6 Man who drove 128 miles for fish and chips among latest Covid fines
- 7 Your photos as blanket of snow covers Wymondham and Attleborough
- 8 Donations mean 13 vulnerable children will get laptops at home
- 9 Greater Anglia pledges to begin Wymondham station improvements this year
- 10 Calls for new hardship fund amid Covid impact and tax rise