Rooks lose out to Long Stratton
Wymondham Town 1, Long Stratton 3Wymondham Town took on Long Stratton looking to build upon their win over Watton. The Rooks welcomed back Ethridge to the squad, Overall and Downs started centre midfield.
Wymondham Town 1, Long Stratton 3
Wymondham Town took on Long Stratton looking to build upon their win over Watton.
Town welcomed back Ethridge to the squad, Overall and Downs started centre midfield. The first chance fell to Stratton but was tipped over the bar. Both teams battled in a scrappy game with Stratton being direct.
Following a short corner Stratton took the lead when ex-Town player Harvey lost his marker and nipped in to to beat Hodges. The rest of the half witnessed lots of endeavour but no real chances.
You may also want to watch:
With the conditions, Town looked to pressurise their opponents with Ramsbottom looking dangerous down the right.
Chances came, and when Rackham was denied by a fine save the ball fell to O'Brien who steered a shot into the corner.
- 1 Town clerk sacked following months of controversy
- 2 Concern people are letting their guards down after getting Covid-19 jabs
- 3 Norfolk MP denies breaking ministerial code by working for PPE firm
- 4 Fears raised that supermarkets are Covid-spreading hotspots
- 5 Norwich sonic boom: RAF confirms jet 'inadvertently' caused bang over city
- 6 Motoring giant pledges more than 600 brand new laptops to appeal
- 7 'Worrying' numbers had access to data centres holding confidential info
- 8 More than 1,000 laptops donated to children in need in campaign
- 9 Waits for second Covid jabs on target in our region
- 10 'Sounded like my roof was coming off': RAF jet sonic boom heard over city
Stratton did have their chances, most notably when Harvey inexplicably missed two open goals. Rackham was again denied and Cracknell hit the side netting.
The game changed when Stratton subsitiute Flint steered a low shot into the corner of the goal with just minutes to play. Wells was quickly introduced and with his first touch nearly created a goal.
With seconds left Town conceded a penalty and for his reaction Rackham was sent off, Flint rolled the penalty down the middle for a flattering 3-1 victory.
Man of the match - Ramsbottom worked hard and put in some dangerous deliveries.