Rooks lose out to Long Stratton
Wymondham Town 1, Long Stratton 3Wymondham Town took on Long Stratton looking to build upon their win over Watton. The Rooks welcomed back Ethridge to the squad, Overall and Downs started centre midfield.
Wymondham Town 1, Long Stratton 3
Wymondham Town took on Long Stratton looking to build upon their win over Watton.
Town welcomed back Ethridge to the squad, Overall and Downs started centre midfield. The first chance fell to Stratton but was tipped over the bar. Both teams battled in a scrappy game with Stratton being direct.
Following a short corner Stratton took the lead when ex-Town player Harvey lost his marker and nipped in to to beat Hodges. The rest of the half witnessed lots of endeavour but no real chances.
You may also want to watch:
With the conditions, Town looked to pressurise their opponents with Ramsbottom looking dangerous down the right.
Chances came, and when Rackham was denied by a fine save the ball fell to O'Brien who steered a shot into the corner.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 18 people miss Covid vaccines after centre opens late
- 3 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 4 Nine in 10 want more Post Office services – but no new branch on the cards
- 5 Two women injured in serious crash which closed road
- 6 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 7 Who can I vote for on Election Day 2021 in Wymondham?
- 8 Norfolk airfield to host testing of 'world-first' electric plane
- 9 The postcard collector who preserved Norfolk history
- 10 Car dealership next to doctor's surgery given go-ahead
Stratton did have their chances, most notably when Harvey inexplicably missed two open goals. Rackham was again denied and Cracknell hit the side netting.
The game changed when Stratton subsitiute Flint steered a low shot into the corner of the goal with just minutes to play. Wells was quickly introduced and with his first touch nearly created a goal.
With seconds left Town conceded a penalty and for his reaction Rackham was sent off, Flint rolled the penalty down the middle for a flattering 3-1 victory.
Man of the match - Ramsbottom worked hard and put in some dangerous deliveries.