Rooks lose out to Long Stratton
Wymondham Town 1, Long Stratton 3Wymondham Town took on Long Stratton looking to build upon their win over Watton. The Rooks welcomed back Ethridge to the squad, Overall and Downs started centre midfield.
Wymondham Town 1, Long Stratton 3
Wymondham Town took on Long Stratton looking to build upon their win over Watton.
Town welcomed back Ethridge to the squad, Overall and Downs started centre midfield. The first chance fell to Stratton but was tipped over the bar. Both teams battled in a scrappy game with Stratton being direct.
Following a short corner Stratton took the lead when ex-Town player Harvey lost his marker and nipped in to to beat Hodges. The rest of the half witnessed lots of endeavour but no real chances.
With the conditions, Town looked to pressurise their opponents with Ramsbottom looking dangerous down the right.
Chances came, and when Rackham was denied by a fine save the ball fell to O'Brien who steered a shot into the corner.
- 1 The school where boys can wear skirts - but not shorts
- 2 Cyclist in her 50s dies in A11 crash
- 3 'A great day' - Wymondham holds first food and drink festival
- 4 A11 reopens after air ambulance called to crash
- 5 Wymondham teen wins silver medal at Archery World Cup
- 6 Property: How could the new laws for renters affect you?
- 7 Road closed in mid Norfolk after electrical cables catch fire
- 8 Football club treasurer stole funds to pay for slimming pills
- 9 Weather warning as thunderstorms set to hit Norfolk
- 10 Part of A11 to close for overnight repairs following crash
Stratton did have their chances, most notably when Harvey inexplicably missed two open goals. Rackham was again denied and Cracknell hit the side netting.
The game changed when Stratton subsitiute Flint steered a low shot into the corner of the goal with just minutes to play. Wells was quickly introduced and with his first touch nearly created a goal.
With seconds left Town conceded a penalty and for his reaction Rackham was sent off, Flint rolled the penalty down the middle for a flattering 3-1 victory.
Man of the match - Ramsbottom worked hard and put in some dangerous deliveries.