Rooks hope for points haul
Wymondham Town, after battling to a draw last weekend will hope for all three points at bottom-five team Wells on Saturday.Wymondham Town 2, Reepham Town 2Wymondham took on Reepham for the second week running and showed excellent fighting spirit to earn a point.
Wymondham Town, after battling to a draw last weekend will hope for all three points at bottom-five team Wells on Saturday.
Wymondham Town 2, Reepham Town 2
Wymondham took on Reepham for the second week running and showed excellent fighting spirit to earn a point.
Town started well and McCloy forced Parsons into a smart save after a positive run. Town rather went off the boil and Reepham scored from a mis-hit cross which went in off the far station.
Town battled away and came close to scoring from a Speller long throw and a Sharp flick-on but it just went over.
- 1 Café reopens with dog-friendly menu in Wymondham
- 2 Property spotlight: Inside six-bed Grade II listed home for sale for £695k
- 3 Hughes Electrical to close its Wymondham branch
- 4 Chef nominated for best wedding caterer of the year in the UK
- 5 Meet the new team behind revamped village pub
- 6 Man taken to hospital after car crashed into ditch
- 7 New Co-op branch opening its doors in Wymondham
- 8 Man who survived motorcycle crash died from Covid, inquest told
- 9 These are the dog breeds given up most at a Norfolk rehoming centre
- 10 A11 reopened after two-vehicle crash
On the stroke of half-time Reepham extended their lead when a corner was headed into the corner over the despairing dive of Hodges and Ramsbottom on the line.
Manager Cracknell left Town in no doubt of what had gone wrong and immediately from a Priest kick-off Ramsbottom scored past an advancing Parsons.
Town had renewed impetus and should have scored their equaliser after Parsons inexplicably dropped the ball at the feet of Rackham but he fired wide of an unguarded goal.
Reepham thought they had extended their lead but the player was correctly given offside.
Time was running out and Town's equaliser came from an unlikely source in the form of Johnny Page.
From fully 25 yards out his volley flew into the roof of the net for his first goal in two years.
Town tried to get the winner but this would have been harsh on their opponents who battled gamely all afternoon.
Man of the match: for his goal alone, Johnny Page.