Rooks halt leaders Holt
Holt 2, Wymondham Town 5Wymondham Town visited leaders Holt in weather conditions which reflected all the seasons, whilst Town's performance was similarly contrasting.
Holt 2, Wymondham Town 5
Wymondham Town visited leaders Holt in weather conditions which reflected all the seasons, whilst Town's performance was similarly contrasting.
The Rooks got off to the prefect start when a Page free-kick was flicked on by Rackham. From a tight angle Chris O'Brien found the back of the net. Town continued to press and Priest was denied by a last-ditch tackle.
Holt started to become more influential in the game and scored after Hodges failed to hold the ball, with the rebound being smashed home.
You may also want to watch:
The start of the second half was incredible because for a 20-minute spell Town played some excellent football. Town's second came when Gary O'Brien found Rackham down the left and he crossed for Chris O'Brien, who finished with an excellent header.
The third quickly followed when Chris O'Brien stepped over the ball, allowing Ramsbottom to shrug of the defender and finish calmly.
- 1 Local election results 2021: All the winners in Wymondham
- 2 'It's a blow for the community' - Day centre closes after 43 years
- 3 Norfolk and Suffolk elections 2021: Conservative gain in the south
- 4 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 5 Family to open cafe named for 'cheeky' twins who fought rare disease
- 6 Nine in 10 want more Post Office services – but no new branch on the cards
- 7 18 people miss Covid vaccines after centre opens late
- 8 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 9 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 10 The postcard collector who preserved Norfolk history
The same combination linked again, this time Ramsbottom beat the keeper to the ball and smashed home.
Chris O'Brien then supplied Ramsbottom for his first ever hat-trick, finishing with an excellent volley.
With 20 minutes to go, Town rather reverted to their old ways and Hodges had to make a couple of good saves and that man Ramsbottom even had time to clear off the line.
To their credit Holt never gave up and scored a second with 10 minutes to go. Ramsbottom and O'Brien rightly steal the headlines but this was an excellent team display. Man-of-the-match: Ramsbottom, just edges it from O'Brien for his first ever hat-trick.