Rooks halt leaders Holt
Holt 2, Wymondham Town 5Wymondham Town visited leaders Holt in weather conditions which reflected all the seasons, whilst Town's performance was similarly contrasting.
Holt 2, Wymondham Town 5
Wymondham Town visited leaders Holt in weather conditions which reflected all the seasons, whilst Town's performance was similarly contrasting.
The Rooks got off to the prefect start when a Page free-kick was flicked on by Rackham. From a tight angle Chris O'Brien found the back of the net. Town continued to press and Priest was denied by a last-ditch tackle.
Holt started to become more influential in the game and scored after Hodges failed to hold the ball, with the rebound being smashed home.
You may also want to watch:
The start of the second half was incredible because for a 20-minute spell Town played some excellent football. Town's second came when Gary O'Brien found Rackham down the left and he crossed for Chris O'Brien, who finished with an excellent header.
The third quickly followed when Chris O'Brien stepped over the ball, allowing Ramsbottom to shrug of the defender and finish calmly.
- 1 Government must step in to help 'desperate' Norwich hospital, says MP
- 2 Man found with cannabis and £1,800 in lockdown, court hears
- 3 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 4 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 5 Photo gallery: Snow turns region into winter wonderland
- 6 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 7 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney
- 8 Greater Anglia pledges to begin Wymondham station improvements this year
- 9 Man charged with drink-driving on the A11
- 10 New Norfolk Trail could 'attract more money' into market town
The same combination linked again, this time Ramsbottom beat the keeper to the ball and smashed home.
Chris O'Brien then supplied Ramsbottom for his first ever hat-trick, finishing with an excellent volley.
With 20 minutes to go, Town rather reverted to their old ways and Hodges had to make a couple of good saves and that man Ramsbottom even had time to clear off the line.
To their credit Holt never gave up and scored a second with 10 minutes to go. Ramsbottom and O'Brien rightly steal the headlines but this was an excellent team display. Man-of-the-match: Ramsbottom, just edges it from O'Brien for his first ever hat-trick.