Rooks get draw at Robins
Reepham Town 1, Wymondham Town 1 Wymondham travelled to Reepham and welcomed new signing Calum Webb to the heart of their defence. The visitors started well and played some attractive football on the excellent surface.
Reepham Town 1, Wymondham Town 1
Wymondham travelled to Reepham and welcomed new signing Calum Webb to the heart of their defence.
The visitors started well and played some attractive football on the excellent surface. The first notable chance came when Speller raced down the wing but his dangerous cross was cut out by keeper Parsons. Town's pressure paid off when manager Parry curled an excellent shot into the bottom corner past the home keeper.
Town continued to press and Rackham fired over from six yards. With five minutes of the half to go Town conceded a penalty which was duly converted.
You may also want to watch:
The second half was much more even, with Etheridge and Webb having to be resolute at the back. Speller went clean through, but he was denied by Parsons. Following a corner from Priest, McCloy did well to get a header in which hit the post and from the resulting scramble Fox also missed.
It was not all one way traffic as Speller cleared off the line and keeper Hodges had to make a couple of smart saves. Ramsbottom and Williamson both played their part in a solid defensive performance.
- 1 Local election results 2021: All the winners in Wymondham
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk elections 2021: Conservative gain in the south
- 3 'It's a blow for the community' - Day centre closes after 43 years
- 4 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 5 Nine in 10 want more Post Office services – but no new branch on the cards
- 6 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 7 18 people miss Covid vaccines after centre opens late
- 8 Family to open cafe named for 'cheeky' twins who fought rare disease
- 9 Who can I vote for on Election Day 2021 in Wymondham?
- 10 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
The final chance fell to Priest who curled a free-kick towards goal but it was saved by Parsons. Page and Mitchell were introduced and contributed to securing the point.
Both sides would point to missed opportunities but a draw was a fair result.
MOM Hodges - played better than of late and made an important late save.