Rooks get back winning feeling
Wymondham Town 1, Horsford 0
WYMONDHAM were attempting to get back to winning ways after losing to Hindringham when they faced Horsford at home on Saturday – and succeeded.
Town were without Ethridge, McCloy, Priest, Rackham and lost Scadden after a minute.
The game started at a frantic pace and it was Horsford who were first to show when a cross came in but the striker fired wide, with Hodges doing well to put the striker off.
Town battled back with Speller driving the team on from midfield with Downs putting in some dangerous crosses. Ramsbottom was running the channels up front but the game was scrappy.
You may also want to watch:
Following a hopeful ball over the top Ramsbottom created some space and fired in from 20 yards.
The keeper parried and Ramsbottom followed up, with the ball being eventually tapped home by Speller.
- 1 Your photos as blanket of snow covers Wymondham and Attleborough
- 2 Donations mean 13 vulnerable children will get laptops at home
- 3 Driver escapes serious injury after 4x4 flips onto roof
- 4 Is your surname on this list? You could inherit a fortune
- 5 Mass coronavirus vaccination centre opens in Norwich today
- 6 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 7 Everything we know so far about Covid vaccinations in Norfolk and Waveney
- 8 Vaccines roll-out to move on to over 70s
- 9 Bird flu containment 'successfully completed' at infected turkey farms
- 10 30,000 people in Norfolk have received first Covid vaccine dose so far
The spirit of the Town performance was epitomised by Butler who tracked superbly well to block on a couple of occasions.
Horsford then had two clear opportunities but both were wasted. The second half was real backs-to-the-wall stuff with Seaman having to clear off the line and Webb organising the back four.
Williamson and Page were both dominant at full-back.
Town struggled to play football but through Ramsbottom's pace he was denied once by an excellent tackle and the other was hacked off the line after the keeper had spilled again.
MoM: In a game which lacked quality but high in determination Webb had an excellent game at centre-back.