Rooks get back winning feeling
Wymondham Town 1, Horsford 0
WYMONDHAM were attempting to get back to winning ways after losing to Hindringham when they faced Horsford at home on Saturday – and succeeded.
Town were without Ethridge, McCloy, Priest, Rackham and lost Scadden after a minute.
The game started at a frantic pace and it was Horsford who were first to show when a cross came in but the striker fired wide, with Hodges doing well to put the striker off.
Town battled back with Speller driving the team on from midfield with Downs putting in some dangerous crosses. Ramsbottom was running the channels up front but the game was scrappy.
You may also want to watch:
Following a hopeful ball over the top Ramsbottom created some space and fired in from 20 yards.
The keeper parried and Ramsbottom followed up, with the ball being eventually tapped home by Speller.
- 1 Lifeguard, 18, saves teenager from drowning in first days on job
- 2 Ex-pupils and staff reunite at former village school
- 3 Arts centre announces reopening after Covid-forced hibernation
- 4 'Lost a couple of staff members a day' - how the 'pingdemic' is hitting Norfolk
- 5 Full steam ahead for track renewal work on railway
- 6 'Slow down, save lives' - Police launch speed awareness campaign
- 7 Pony hire business to offer circus shows in your garden
- 8 Car crashes into central reservation on A11
- 9 'Surgery will buckle' - warning new homes will push Hethersett to crisis
- 10 Villagers gather for unveiling of play area after £45k fundraiser
The spirit of the Town performance was epitomised by Butler who tracked superbly well to block on a couple of occasions.
Horsford then had two clear opportunities but both were wasted. The second half was real backs-to-the-wall stuff with Seaman having to clear off the line and Webb organising the back four.
Williamson and Page were both dominant at full-back.
Town struggled to play football but through Ramsbottom's pace he was denied once by an excellent tackle and the other was hacked off the line after the keeper had spilled again.
MoM: In a game which lacked quality but high in determination Webb had an excellent game at centre-back.