Rooks gain just a point
WYMONDHAM travelled to Stalham and came away frustrated having only secured a point from a 1-1 draw, when three seemed more just. Although Stalham battled well throughout the game Wymondham created numerous chances which were ultimately spurned.
WYMONDHAM travelled to Stalham and came away frustrated having only secured a point from a 1-1 draw, when three seemed more just.
Although Stalham battled well throughout the game Wymondham created numerous chances which were ultimately spurned. As usual, Wymondham were forced into changes with the travel-shy Etheridge and Catchpole unavailable.
Playing against the conditions, Wymondham defended well in the first half to limit Stalham to long-range shots.
As the half wore on Town began to impose themselves and looked dangerous down the flanks through Jimmy McCloy and Joe Pattison.
You may also want to watch:
Wymondham were unlucky not to go into the break 1-0 up following a pile-driver from Priest but saw his effort rebound against the bar.
With the conditions Town took control of the game and the front two of Pipe and Stanard looking dangerous.
- 1 Former factory site to become a new church
- 2 Woodforde's takes over Old Buckenham pub closed for two years
- 3 Work started on four new homes without permission
- 4 Man appears in court over Class A drug charge
- 5 Farm worker fined after hay bales fall off trailer and hit car
- 6 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 7 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 8 Night out safety advice issued after drink-spiking reports in Norfolk
- 9 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 10 See inside this restored period farmhouse for sale for £850,000
Town deservedly took the lead with a superb finish from McCloy.
Town looked comfortable at the back and looking good for their victory. Disaster struck with just minutes to go following a cross from the Stalham right.
After a mix-up in the Town area the Stalham striker netted from close range.
Town were unlucky but will be looking to get back to winning ways.