Rooks gain just a point
WYMONDHAM travelled to Stalham and came away frustrated having only secured a point from a 1-1 draw, when three seemed more just. Although Stalham battled well throughout the game Wymondham created numerous chances which were ultimately spurned.
WYMONDHAM travelled to Stalham and came away frustrated having only secured a point from a 1-1 draw, when three seemed more just.
Although Stalham battled well throughout the game Wymondham created numerous chances which were ultimately spurned. As usual, Wymondham were forced into changes with the travel-shy Etheridge and Catchpole unavailable.
Playing against the conditions, Wymondham defended well in the first half to limit Stalham to long-range shots.
As the half wore on Town began to impose themselves and looked dangerous down the flanks through Jimmy McCloy and Joe Pattison.
You may also want to watch:
Wymondham were unlucky not to go into the break 1-0 up following a pile-driver from Priest but saw his effort rebound against the bar.
With the conditions Town took control of the game and the front two of Pipe and Stanard looking dangerous.
- 1 Man exposed himself to three teenage girls at Morrisons
- 2 Millions could be spent on better cycle routes around Norwich
- 3 Norfolk nurse's 'lightbulb moment' leads to star-studded dog show panel
- 4 Ofsted praise for ‘inadequate’ Norfolk special school
- 5 Heavy downpours and strong winds to batter Norfolk
- 6 Estate agent makes thoughtful donation to 'amazing' NHS heroes
- 7 Village road to shut all day for essential work
- 8 Indian variant Covid cases in Norfolk 'cause to be cautious'
- 9 A47 tailbacks as roadworks move west near Norwich
- 10 Norfolk college is national finalist in 'Oscars of teaching profession'
Town deservedly took the lead with a superb finish from McCloy.
Town looked comfortable at the back and looking good for their victory. Disaster struck with just minutes to go following a cross from the Stalham right.
After a mix-up in the Town area the Stalham striker netted from close range.
Town were unlucky but will be looking to get back to winning ways.