Rooks earn good victory
Wymondham Town 2, Corton 0WYMONDHAM Town took on much-fancied Corton at the Meadow and came out 2-0 winners. Gary O'Brien came in for his full first team debut but other than that Town were unchanged.
Wymondham Town 2, Corton 0
WYMONDHAM Town took on much-fancied Corton at the Meadow and came out 2-0 winners.
Gary O'Brien came in for his full first team debut but other than that Town were unchanged. Town started well and forced Corton back with some early pressure.
The best opportunity came when O'Brien linked well with Ramsbottom but his cross just eluded the front two of McCloy and Sharp. Corton started to take control and were largely dictating play.
You may also want to watch:
Keeper Hodges made a number of good saves to keep the visitors out, who also had a goal correctly disallowed. Cracknell and Etheridge made a number of excellent blocks which stopped Corton being out of sight.
The second half was a much more even affair with Town starting to hold their own. Pike was introduced for Plumstead and this change paid dividends. Rackham went down the left wing and put in an inviting cross which Pike finished with aplomb.
- 1 Town clerk sacked following months of controversy
- 2 'Sounded like my roof was coming off': RAF jet sonic boom heard over city
- 3 Norwich sonic boom: RAF confirms jet 'inadvertently' caused bang over city
- 4 Waits for second Covid jabs on target in our region
- 5 Concern people are letting their guards down after getting Covid-19 jabs
- 6 More than 1,000 laptops donated to children in need in campaign
- 7 Motoring giant pledges more than 600 brand new laptops to appeal
- 8 Norfolk MP denies breaking ministerial code by working for PPE firm
- 9 Landowners under pressure to stop repeat of floods
- 10 Bagpiper lifts spirits for care home residents on Burns Night
Town defended well and looked a threat on the break.
Most notably when Pike did some excellent defending and played an inviting ball through to McCloy who took on his marker and curled a shot against the bar.
Pattison was then introduced for McCloy and from his positivity Town won a disputed corner. Priest put in an excellent delivery which Rackham beat the keeper to and scored from close range. Town played out the remaining minutes and recorded a hard-fought win against a strong side.
MoM: Etheridge, defended excellently and made a number of telling blocks.