Rooks draw with Bungay
Wymondham 2, Bungay 2Wymondham, who host Hindringham this weekend, drew with Bungay Town.The game was high on commitment but low on guile, due in part to the lack of games and a difficult pitch.
Wymondham, who host Hindringham this weekend, drew with Bungay Town.
The game was high on commitment but low on guile, due in part to the lack of games and a difficult pitch.
You may also want to watch:
Town shaded the early exchanges and could have scored when Sharp used his strength to beat off his marker but his shot was saved.
Town were looking comfortable at the back, with both Hut and Page looking to support the attackers.
- 1 Local election results 2021: All the winners in Wymondham
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk elections 2021: Conservative gain in the south
- 3 'It's a blow for the community' - Day centre closes after 43 years
- 4 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 5 Nine in 10 want more Post Office services – but no new branch on the cards
- 6 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 7 Family to open cafe named for 'cheeky' twins who fought rare disease
- 8 18 people miss Covid vaccines after centre opens late
- 9 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 10 The postcard collector who preserved Norfolk history
Town sneaked into a lead following a Rackham corner.
Etheridge caused confusion in the Bungay six-yard box, resulting in a visiting player putting the ball past his own keeper.
Early in the second half a Bungay player was rightly sent off for a kick-out on Hut.
This seemed to galvanise the away side that started to apply more pressure.
This paid off when Ward brushed off a home defender, his shot was turned onto the post by Hodges but an unfortunate Town player deflected into his own net, despite the best efforts of Page on the line.
Town lost their heads and just could not get their game going, despite a couple of dangerous runs from McCloy.
Town somewhat fortunately got their breakthrough following a Priest corner. Sharp rose well to loop a header into the opposite corner, an excellent finish.
The midfield of Plumstead, Rackham and Priest were working hard and supplied the strikers with some useful balls, with one being a notable and unexpected turn of pace from Sharp.
Town should have seen the game out but Bungay scored an equaliser in injury time following a sharp finish from Ward.
This was deserved for their endeavour. Town nearly got in truth an undeserved equaliser when sub O'Brien shot just over.
MoM: Sharp, good finish and looked dangerous with his new turn of pace.