Rooks back on track
Poringland Wanderers 1, Wymondham Town 2Wymondham travelled to Poringland looking to avenge the 5-0 loss earlier in the season and get back on track after some disappointing results of late.
Poringland Wanderers 1, Wymondham Town 2
Wymondham travelled to Poringland looking to avenge the 5-0 loss earlier in the season and get back on track after some disappointing results of late.
The squad was stretched with Sharp, Ramsbottom, Hodges and Williamson all missing. Despite this managers Parry and Cracknell sent their team out in determined mood.
Up the Poringland slope which is reminiscent of Everest, Town struggled and were put under pressure from the home forwards. Poringland were enjoying the majority of the possession and spurned a number of good chances.
You may also want to watch:
With halftime approaching, which would have given Town a chance to regroup, they conceded due to poor marking from a corner. Rooks rather lost their heads with Cracknell, Rackham and Priest all getting booked in quick succession.
The second half was better, with the decision to move Rackham to striker being pivotal in providing a presence. Town equalised when a through ball by Plumstead was exquisitely chipped over the advancing keeper by the hardworking Priest.
- 1 Howzat? Designer creates 3D printed cricket machine from Norfolk garage
- 2 'Such a shame' - youth football club targeted by criminals twice in two days
- 3 Call for government to listen to Norfolk over Tier 1 move
- 4 Great British Bake Off star endorses charity's special lockdown recipe book
- 5 Tea room to close for a week after coronavirus case confirmed
- 6 Several weeks into lockdown, Norfolk sees sharp decline in coronavirus infection rates
- 7 Norfolk coronavirus infection rates fall further
- 8 Why Norfolk districts cannot be in different Covid tiers - yet
- 9 ‘Play your part in history’ - army of Norfolk volunteers needed for Covid vaccine roll out
- 10 'Raring to go' - Businesses ready to reopen in time for Christmas rush
The latter was also instrumental in the second goal. It was his free kick which was headed in by McCloy to give Town a 2-1 lead in the 85th minute.
Poringland pushed for that equaliser and after bemoaning a poor decision the previous week, Town were relieved when the referee disallowed a home goal following a push on Etheridge. Town did hold out but were indebted to replacement keeper Brown for making some fine saves.
The game also witnessed a late cameo appearance from joint manager Parry, emphasising the shortage on the day!
MOM - a good all round battling display but for scoring one and assisting the other, it goes to Priest. This week Town are at home to Sole Bay kick-off 2.30pm. Please checkout www.wymondhamtownfc.co.uk for more information about the club.