Rooks back on track
Poringland Wanderers 1, Wymondham Town 2Wymondham travelled to Poringland looking to avenge the 5-0 loss earlier in the season and get back on track after some disappointing results of late.
Poringland Wanderers 1, Wymondham Town 2
Wymondham travelled to Poringland looking to avenge the 5-0 loss earlier in the season and get back on track after some disappointing results of late.
The squad was stretched with Sharp, Ramsbottom, Hodges and Williamson all missing. Despite this managers Parry and Cracknell sent their team out in determined mood.
Up the Poringland slope which is reminiscent of Everest, Town struggled and were put under pressure from the home forwards. Poringland were enjoying the majority of the possession and spurned a number of good chances.
You may also want to watch:
With halftime approaching, which would have given Town a chance to regroup, they conceded due to poor marking from a corner. Rooks rather lost their heads with Cracknell, Rackham and Priest all getting booked in quick succession.
The second half was better, with the decision to move Rackham to striker being pivotal in providing a presence. Town equalised when a through ball by Plumstead was exquisitely chipped over the advancing keeper by the hardworking Priest.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk elections 2021: Conservative gain in the south
- 2 Local election results 2021: All the winners in Wymondham
- 3 'It's a blow for the community' - Day centre closes after 43 years
- 4 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 5 Nine in 10 want more Post Office services – but no new branch on the cards
- 6 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 7 18 people miss Covid vaccines after centre opens late
- 8 Family to open cafe named for 'cheeky' twins who fought rare disease
- 9 Who can I vote for on Election Day 2021 in Wymondham?
- 10 Town's mayor re-elected despite complaint over date of vote
The latter was also instrumental in the second goal. It was his free kick which was headed in by McCloy to give Town a 2-1 lead in the 85th minute.
Poringland pushed for that equaliser and after bemoaning a poor decision the previous week, Town were relieved when the referee disallowed a home goal following a push on Etheridge. Town did hold out but were indebted to replacement keeper Brown for making some fine saves.
The game also witnessed a late cameo appearance from joint manager Parry, emphasising the shortage on the day!
MOM - a good all round battling display but for scoring one and assisting the other, it goes to Priest. This week Town are at home to Sole Bay kick-off 2.30pm. Please checkout www.wymondhamtownfc.co.uk for more information about the club.