Pupils stride out
New Eccles Hall School hosted the Eastern Region Independent Schools Association Team and Individual Cross-Country Championships.Twenty-six schools from all over the region brought teams from Year 4 through to Year 13.
New Eccles Hall School hosted the Eastern Region Independent Schools Association Team and Individual Cross-Country Championships.
Twenty-six schools from all over the region brought teams from Year 4 through to Year 13.
Schools were from Lincolnshire in the north to north London in the south.
There were 10 races of various lengths through the 30 acres of parkland at the school and the event was blessed with excellent weather.
You may also want to watch:
Competitors finishing in the first six qualified for the national finals which will be held at Princethorpe College, Warwickshire at the end of the month.
The New Eccles Hall School were pleased with their own results with four pupils qualifying for the finals.
- 1 'Absolutely wonderful' - Organiser's delight at Old Buckenham Airshow success
- 2 Teenager has all clear from testicular cancer after pioneering surgery
- 3 Stretch of A11 closed due to 'large amount' of tyre debris on road
- 4 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 5 Just 65 people vote in referendum on town council's future
- 6 Certificates for Wymondham in Bloom floral displays announced
- 7 Long tailbacks on A11 after crash
- 8 WATCH: Speedy Eva, 81, runs fastest mile on record for her age group
- 9 Norfolk couple's hopes of £1m 'doorstop' sculpture dashed
- 10 Horse found with maggot-infested wounds wins rosette at equestrian show
Michael Dawe won the Year 11/13 race with Ben Hood coming in a close third and Nick Gaither in sixth place. Natasha Potgeiter was placed fourth in the Year 7/8 race.
New Eccles Hall School won the Year 11 team event and came third in the Year 9/10 team event.
“This was an excellent event and with so many schools taking part every race had a strong competitive field,” Alistair Forbes, games master and course director at New Eccles Hall, said.
“There was a great spirit shown from all competitors and staff involved in the day,” he added.
Pictured is Michael Dawe receiving his first place medal from headmaster Richard Allard.