Proud moment for Wymondham bowls duo
Two of Wymondham's short mat bowlers managed to get to the final of National Fours championships held at Kempston, Bedford recently.
Debbie Phillips and Chris Mann along with David Lamb of Halvergate and Selwyn Goldsmith of Kirby Bedon progressed out of their group with wins against Derbyshire (9-4) and Essex (8-5).
The knockout stages saw battling wins against Shropshire (8-7) and another Essex block while in the quarter-finals saw them beat Hampshire 7-5.
In the semis the Norfolk four came out against North Yorkshire with a tight and nervy 6-5 win.
After 12 hours of intense bowling the final took its toll on the four as they were eventually beaten in the final by a very strong Oxfordshire side 11-2.
You may also want to watch:
For Mann and Phillips this was their first Nationals final and one of which they can be very proud.
In the final of the Norfolk Cup Wymondham lost out to the formidable Bob Carter side 8-0 but two of the four matches could have gone either way but on the night found the Carter side too strong.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 18 people miss Covid vaccines after centre opens late
- 3 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 4 Nine in 10 want more Post Office services – but no new branch on the cards
- 5 Two women injured in serious crash which closed road
- 6 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 7 Who can I vote for on Election Day 2021 in Wymondham?
- 8 Norfolk airfield to host testing of 'world-first' electric plane
- 9 The postcard collector who preserved Norfolk history
- 10 Car dealership next to doctor's surgery given go-ahead