Players bowl along to Connaught
CONNAUGHT Bowls Club, Attleborough, started its outdoor season with a successful drive in which 56 players took part. The rest of this week comprises practice sessions for team squads and roll-up sessions for all members.
CONNAUGHT Bowls Club, Attleborough, started its outdoor season with a successful drive in which 56 players took part.
The rest of this week comprises practice sessions for team squads and roll-up sessions for all members.
The club is fielding two teams in the EBA county league. Connaught A, captained this season by Gary Goode, will play in division one of the South Zone.
Connaught B, captained by Russell Hales, have moved from Central Zone to play in division two of the South Zone.
You may also want to watch:
Connaught Ladies, captained by Sheila Bragg, will be playing once more in the Breckland League and defending their league title.
Connaught also will field four teams in the Ashill Mixed Triples League.
- 1 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 2 See inside this restored period farmhouse for sale for £850,000
- 3 Mum's 100 mile challenge fulfils promise to late daughter
- 4 Van artist creates 'most emotional picture' over teen suicide
- 5 Decision due over controversial plans for 200 new homes
- 6 Parents share their stories as fertility clinic celebrates 1,000 births
- 7 Banham Poultry taken over by owner of Bernard Matthews and 2 Sisters
- 8 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road
- 9 Furious Scout group demands apology from council in unpaid rents saga
- 10 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
The A and B sides will play in division one, the D in division two and the C in division four.
Connaught teams are entered in various cup competitions and individuals are playing in various categories in national and county competitions. As usual, some touring teams are being hosted.
At a domestic level the club runs a very popular mixed triples league played on Thursday and Friday evenings and there are roll-up sessions on Saturday and Monday evenings and on Tuesday and Thursday afternoons.
From time to time at weekends there will be drives and special competitions.
Coaching sessions for new members and for members of the public start on Saturday, May 2 at 10am to 12 noon. No charge, informal dress only, and bowls can be provided. But please wear flat-soled shoes.
Just turn up or phone 01953-789382 for further information.
For anyone interested in joining this community-based club see the website www.connaughtbowlsclub.co.uk or phone 01953-789382.