Pirates on a roll
Hingham Pirates are on a roll with two wins out of two, beating Bunwell A last weekend.Captain Steve Guy lost the toss and was put into bat. Openers Lewis Bondage (4) and Gareth Motteram fell quite quickly, both being bowled by Lee.
Hingham Pirates are on a roll with two wins out of two, beating Bunwell A last weekend.
Captain Steve Guy lost the toss and was put into bat.
Openers Lewis Bondage (4) and Gareth Motteram fell quite quickly, both being bowled by Lee.
Daniel Farrington (5) and Craig Edwards (110) came together and put on a 40-run partnership, Daniel was caught off the spin bowling of Brook.
You may also want to watch:
This brought captain Steve Guy (56) to the crease who was looking for a big score after falling short of his own high standards with the bat.
Craig and Steve had a 104-run fourth-wicket partnership which was amazing as both batsmen plundered runs.
- 1 Attleborough gas work road closures postponed until after Christmas
- 2 Town council chaos emerges with groups not paying rent for decades
- 3 9 of the best places to see fireworks in Norfolk in 2021
- 4 Two cars involved in crash on A11 slip road
- 5 Norfolk Covid-19 case rates increase slightly, with 55 in hospital
- 6 'Unbelievably shocked': Norfolk garage team named best in country
- 7 'He would light up a room' - Tributes to community stalwart, Ian Harrison
- 8 Opinion: Shock tactics needed for retirement saving
- 9 Norfolk sports retailer opens new fitness showroom
- 10 Road closed after tractor trailor overturns near Wymondham
Craig played a chanceless innings for a fine 100, picking the bad balls to punish and working from a solid defence. His innings included 18 boundaries including five huge sixes. Steve's innings was a real captain's one, including eight boundaries.
Steve was caught off the bowling of Collings-Reed. Daniel Edmonds (0) didn't get a chance to shine like last week. Travis Butcher (7) was promoted after his two recent brutal innings but was caught off the bowling of Lee. Kevin O'Grady (26no) and Paul Moll (14no) both remained unbeaten at the end.
With Kevin turning back the clock with fast running for quick singles and hitting three boundaries, Pirates finished on 269-8.
The Hingham bowlers made runs very hard to come by. Daniel Edmonds took an excellent reaction catch behind the stumps to remove Collins-Reed.
All the bowlers played their part - Travis Butcher (1-3), Steve Guy (0-5), Craig Edwards (2-12), Gareth Motteram (0-13), Lewis Bondage (1-10) and Paul Moll (0-5). Owen Thomas (1-23), making his bowling debut, did well and would have had two but for an unlucky drop from Dean Clemence.
Bunwell finished on 87-6.