Pirates on a roll
Hingham Pirates are on a roll with two wins out of two, beating Bunwell A last weekend.Captain Steve Guy lost the toss and was put into bat. Openers Lewis Bondage (4) and Gareth Motteram fell quite quickly, both being bowled by Lee.
Hingham Pirates are on a roll with two wins out of two, beating Bunwell A last weekend.
Captain Steve Guy lost the toss and was put into bat.
Openers Lewis Bondage (4) and Gareth Motteram fell quite quickly, both being bowled by Lee.
Daniel Farrington (5) and Craig Edwards (110) came together and put on a 40-run partnership, Daniel was caught off the spin bowling of Brook.
This brought captain Steve Guy (56) to the crease who was looking for a big score after falling short of his own high standards with the bat.
Craig and Steve had a 104-run fourth-wicket partnership which was amazing as both batsmen plundered runs.
- 1 Trust visited four times by Ofsted during pandemic celebrates verdict
- 2 Stunning images of Norfolk's 'Wolf Moon'
- 3 Custom-built six-bedroom home with indoor slide on the market for £900,000
- 4 Delays and road partially blocked after crash near Wymondham
- 5 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 6 Man who may pose risk to children could be in Norfolk or Suffolk
- 7 Disruptions likely after warnings of dense fog set to last two days
- 8 Town rocked by shooting of former mayor
- 9 Teen to stand trial accused of sexual assault
- 10 Cowboy builder Kyle Muir admits fleecing customers out of £48,300
Craig played a chanceless innings for a fine 100, picking the bad balls to punish and working from a solid defence. His innings included 18 boundaries including five huge sixes. Steve's innings was a real captain's one, including eight boundaries.
Steve was caught off the bowling of Collings-Reed. Daniel Edmonds (0) didn't get a chance to shine like last week. Travis Butcher (7) was promoted after his two recent brutal innings but was caught off the bowling of Lee. Kevin O'Grady (26no) and Paul Moll (14no) both remained unbeaten at the end.
With Kevin turning back the clock with fast running for quick singles and hitting three boundaries, Pirates finished on 269-8.
The Hingham bowlers made runs very hard to come by. Daniel Edmonds took an excellent reaction catch behind the stumps to remove Collins-Reed.
All the bowlers played their part - Travis Butcher (1-3), Steve Guy (0-5), Craig Edwards (2-12), Gareth Motteram (0-13), Lewis Bondage (1-10) and Paul Moll (0-5). Owen Thomas (1-23), making his bowling debut, did well and would have had two but for an unlucky drop from Dean Clemence.
Bunwell finished on 87-6.