Penalties and red card misery for Attleborough Town
Attleborough Town 2, Hempnall Res 6
ATTLEBOROUGH FC's start to the new year was far from a happy one.
They should have been ahead before poor defending gave the visitors a chance to take the lead.
Chances came and went for both sides but the lay-off seemed to affect Boro more as at times they played like strangers.
You may also want to watch:
Thankfully only a goal down at half-time, Boro should have had a better second half, and they did show a bit more purpose but all too often the final ball was wrong.
Hempnall Reserves were the side playing the football and went further ahead. Boro did pull a goal back and were looking for the equaliser only to gift the visitors a third to restore their two-goal advantage.
- 1 Local election results 2021: All the winners in Wymondham
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk elections 2021: Conservative gain in the south
- 3 'It's a blow for the community' - Day centre closes after 43 years
- 4 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 5 Nine in 10 want more Post Office services – but no new branch on the cards
- 6 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 7 Family to open cafe named for 'cheeky' twins who fought rare disease
- 8 18 people miss Covid vaccines after centre opens late
- 9 Who can I vote for on Election Day 2021 in Wymondham?
- 10 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
Back came Boro, still looking to get something from the game and sure enough they pulled it back to 3-2, but history was repeated when again Hempnall restored their advantage.
With time running out, Boro's misery was further compounded when the visitors were award two penalties, and a Boro player sent off. For a side with high aspirations this season they need to put this game behind them and start performing like a team.
This Saturday they are away to Docking Rangers in the Norfolk Junior Cup (kick-off 1.30pm) and the Reserves are away at Brandon Town Reserves (kick-off 2pm).