One is enough for Boro
Acle Reserves 0, Attleborough Town 1
ATTLEBOROUGH travelled to Acle Reserves to find themselves in another battle for points.
The game started with Boro playing the football they are becoming fast renowned for and creating a number of chances that were dealt with by an on-form young Acle goalkeeper.
With Charlton Halliday back in the team the Boro defence was once again very strong with some great tackles from Matthew Atkins and some creative play from Ian Stones linking to the midfield.
You may also want to watch:
James Maxwell-Stewart ensured the centre of the park was well defended and once again his passing allowed Boro to keep possession for prolonged periods of time. Some inspired forward play between Roy Bevis and Christopher Holmes spilt the Acle defence and Holmes neatly chipped the keeper from 12 yards to put Boro one up.
Acle came out in the second half continuing where they left off with some hard tackling. Acle had changed their formation to try and deal with the football from Boro but to no avail.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk elections 2021: Conservative gain in the south
- 2 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 3 Local election results 2021: All the winners in Wymondham
- 4 Nine in 10 want more Post Office services – but no new branch on the cards
- 5 'It's a blow for the community' - Day centre closes after 43 years
- 6 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 7 18 people miss Covid vaccines after centre opens late
- 8 Who can I vote for on Election Day 2021 in Wymondham?
- 9 7 cheap or free things to do in Norfolk this weekend
- 10 Town's mayor re-elected despite complaint over date of vote
The introduction of Ollie Ramsbotham and Davy Watlin down the flanks put Acle under more pressure, creating a number of chances which once again the young Acle keeper dealt with in fine fashion. This was a well-fought affair with all the passion of a local derby game.
Boro are at Buxton in the Cyril Ballyn Trophy on Saturday (kick-off 1.30pm).