Old Bucks girls hit out
OLD Buckenham CC held their first U13 girls' match against Mulbarton at the Hall on Sunday.Captain Soibhain Thompson won the toss and put Mulbarton into bat.
OLD Buckenham CC held their first U13 girls' match against Mulbarton at the Hall on Sunday.
Captain Soibhain Thompson won the toss and put Mulbarton into bat. The first three Mulbarton pairs all made around 22 runs each so that after 12 overs, Mulbarton were 62 for four (net 42 after deducting five runs per wicket).
The last pair Rosie and Stephanie then added 37 for the loss of a fifth wicket to finish on 99 for 5 (net 74).
To their credit, Old Buckenham all bowled at least two overs and fielded very well. Hayley Kindred finished with two for eight while Bethany Lowe got two for 11.
The Thompson sisters Abbie and Siobhain were mean conceding just 11 and five runs respectively off their overs.
Opening the batting Zuleika Thompson and Bethany Lowe got 19 runs for the loss of a wicket. Maddie Anthony and 7-year-old Emily Heuschneider faced the toughest bowling but did not lose a wicket to add a further nine runs.
- 1 Man assaults delivery driver and runs off with sack of parcels
- 2 See inside this idyllic family home up for sale with NO nearby neighbours
- 3 Motorcyclist suffers serious leg injury and person cut from car after crash
- 4 Lotus reopens Norfolk test-track driving experiences and factory tour
- 5 Daughter's 100-mile charity pledge for father who died of cancer
- 6 Norfolk garden centre wins 27th gold medal at Chelsea Flower Show
- 7 Norfolk cricketer plays 1000th game - months after rare virus
- 8 Serious road crash hotspots in Norfolk revealed as fatalities fall
- 9 Where you can see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this weekend
- 10 9 major jubilee events taking place across Norfolk
Abbie and Siobhain Thompson put on 26 runs in the third pairing for the loss of a wicket leaving Old Buckenham at 54 for 2 (net 44) after 12 overs and ahead of Mulbarton at the same point.
The last pairing Hayley Kindred and Francesca Welham added 20 runs but going for victory also lost two wickets as Mulbarton brought back their best two bowlers to stave of defeat. In the end a Mulbarton victory by 20 runs.
The next OBCC Girls game is planned for Garboldisham on August 5.