Old Bucks get set
OLD Buckenham Cricket Club starts their outdoor youth coaching 2010 on Saturday, April 17, with U11/13 boys and girls sessions, at their main ground at Old Buckenham Hall, starting at 9.
OLD Buckenham Cricket Club starts their outdoor youth coaching 2010 on Saturday, April 17, with U11/13 boys and girls sessions, at their main ground at Old Buckenham Hall, starting at 9.30 to 11am.
This will be followed on Tuesday, April 20, when the U15/17 boys will join the club coaching session at 6 to 7.30pm. All youth coaching sessions will continue until the end of July on a weekly basis.
The club will be running U11/13/15 teams in the Alliance Youth competitions, U17 team in both the Carter Youth Cup and the South Norfolk Community League while the girls will compete in the South Norfolk Girls' League for the first time.
Most home matches being scheduled for Sunday morning or Monday/Wednesday evenings.
You may also want to watch:
All coaching sessions will be led by the clubs level three and two coaches with a high ratio of assistant coaches while these coaches will also support the team managers on match evenings.
Club coaches are able to offer one-to-one individual coaching.
- 1 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 2 Is your surname on this list? You could inherit a fortune
- 3 Covid cases fall in every area of Norfolk for first time since June
- 4 Inquests into deaths at Banham Poultry adjourned for seventh time
- 5 Concerns raised over proposed energy park's impact on wildlife
- 6 Man who drove 128 miles for fish and chips among latest Covid fines
- 7 Your photos as blanket of snow covers Wymondham and Attleborough
- 8 Donations mean 13 vulnerable children will get laptops at home
- 9 Calls for new hardship fund amid Covid impact and tax rise
- 10 Greater Anglia pledges to begin Wymondham station improvements this year
This season the club has had constructed two new enclosed hard nets, which were funded by grants from ECB, the Lord's Taverners and Breckland Council.
These, together with the grass nets, will greatly enhance the coaching options, especially when wet conditions make the main grass practice areas unplayable.
Again in 2010, OBCC plan to field four adult Saturday league teams as well as one Sunday XI and entry into two Sunday cup competitions.
The early season friendly fixtures start on April 17 with the full league fixtures beginning on May 1.
The 3rd/4th XI will continue to play home fixtures at Attleborough Recreation Ground, next to the Station. OBCC are a Focus club as well as being Clubmark accredited.
OBCC plan to host both Norfolk U12 and U14s during the season as well as the Norfolk Over 50s first and second XI.
At least two school tournaments are also scheduled to take place.
Any young players interested in joining Old Buckenham should contact Mike Banham on 01953 860694 for a registration form.