Old Bucks get set
OLD Buckenham Cricket Club starts their outdoor youth coaching 2010 on Saturday, April 17, with U11/13 boys and girls sessions, at their main ground at Old Buckenham Hall, starting at 9.
OLD Buckenham Cricket Club starts their outdoor youth coaching 2010 on Saturday, April 17, with U11/13 boys and girls sessions, at their main ground at Old Buckenham Hall, starting at 9.30 to 11am.
This will be followed on Tuesday, April 20, when the U15/17 boys will join the club coaching session at 6 to 7.30pm. All youth coaching sessions will continue until the end of July on a weekly basis.
The club will be running U11/13/15 teams in the Alliance Youth competitions, U17 team in both the Carter Youth Cup and the South Norfolk Community League while the girls will compete in the South Norfolk Girls' League for the first time.
Most home matches being scheduled for Sunday morning or Monday/Wednesday evenings.
You may also want to watch:
All coaching sessions will be led by the clubs level three and two coaches with a high ratio of assistant coaches while these coaches will also support the team managers on match evenings.
Club coaches are able to offer one-to-one individual coaching.
- 1 Former factory site to become a new church
- 2 Woodforde's takes over Old Buckenham pub closed for two years
- 3 Man appears in court over Class A drug charge
- 4 Farm worker fined after hay bales fall off trailer and hit car
- 5 Work started on four new homes without permission
- 6 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 7 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 8 Night out safety advice issued after drink-spiking reports in Norfolk
- 9 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 10 What is the government's Plan B for Covid this winter?
This season the club has had constructed two new enclosed hard nets, which were funded by grants from ECB, the Lord's Taverners and Breckland Council.
These, together with the grass nets, will greatly enhance the coaching options, especially when wet conditions make the main grass practice areas unplayable.
Again in 2010, OBCC plan to field four adult Saturday league teams as well as one Sunday XI and entry into two Sunday cup competitions.
The early season friendly fixtures start on April 17 with the full league fixtures beginning on May 1.
The 3rd/4th XI will continue to play home fixtures at Attleborough Recreation Ground, next to the Station. OBCC are a Focus club as well as being Clubmark accredited.
OBCC plan to host both Norfolk U12 and U14s during the season as well as the Norfolk Over 50s first and second XI.
At least two school tournaments are also scheduled to take place.
Any young players interested in joining Old Buckenham should contact Mike Banham on 01953 860694 for a registration form.