Old Bucks all set for season
OLD BUCKENHAM CC are all set for the forthcoming season despite some key personnel changes. After over 10 years of service, they say farewell to first team vice-skipper Ian Harrison who is joining Vauxhall Mallards in the EAPL.
OLD BUCKENHAM CC are all set for the forthcoming season despite some key personnel changes.
After over 10 years of service, they say farewell to first team vice-skipper Ian Harrison who is joining Vauxhall Mallards in the EAPL. Greg Palmer has been promoted to vice skipper and Ben Player has joined from Vauxhall to help boost Old Buckenham's batting.
Ranabir Nath returns from Bengal for his second season as overseas pro, and he is joined by fellow Indian youngster Amit Das who will represent the seconds.
Ben and Sam Mann return from a winter in New Zealand and despite player of 2007 Chris Howes training in Portsmouth with the navy, he hopes to return when he can to play league and cup games. Chris Dalton remains first X1 coach.
You may also want to watch:
The second X1 will be captained by Ross Bailey, ably assisted by Mark Dunnett whose knowledge and experience will help several youngsters bridge the gap from third team and youth team cricket.
This development will continue both in the Nomads, led by Joe Perry, and the Sunday League side, this year captained by Jamie Lincoln. With over 100 youth members and a nucleus of a successful Nomad side from 2007 who were promoted last year, there will much opportunity for players to progress in either side.
- 1 Former factory site to become a new church
- 2 Work started on four new homes without permission
- 3 Woodforde's takes over Old Buckenham pub closed for two years
- 4 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 5 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 6 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 7 Night out safety advice issued after drink-spiking reports in Norfolk
- 8 See inside this restored period farmhouse for sale for £850,000
- 9 Chainsaw and 10 horse saddles stolen in burglary
- 10 Attleborough set to have no bank as Lloyds announces closure
League games begin on Saturday, May 3 for all three Saturday sides with friendly/warm up matches taking place the previous two weekends.