O’Brien bags four goals for Rooks
Corton 1, Wymondham Tn 4
Wymondham Town travelled to Corton and were made to work hard for all three points on Corton's huge pitch – with Chris O'Brien scoring four goals.
And this Saturday the two teams meet again when Town entertain Corton at the King's Head Meadow 2.30 ko.
The Rooks welcomed back both Jamie Speller and Jamie Butler from injury whilst Matt Ducker came in between the sticks. Corton settled quicker and had the best of the early exchanges.
After a scrappy start Wymondham got going with Calum Webb and Speller taking control of the midfield battle.
You may also want to watch:
Town took the lead when Chris O'Brien neatly turned inside his marker and hit a curling shot into the bottom corner from 20 yards.
Soon after the restart Wymondham went further ahead when Alex Willamson's superb cross was met sweetly on the half volley by O'Brien.
- 1 Decision due over controversial plans for 200 new homes
- 2 9 of the best places to see fireworks in Norfolk in 2021
- 3 Town council chaos emerges with groups not paying rent for decades
- 4 Norfolk Covid-19 case rates increase slightly, with 55 in hospital
- 5 'Unbelievably shocked': Norfolk garage team named best in country
- 6 Two cars involved in crash on A11 slip road
- 7 'He would light up a room' - Tributes to community stalwart, Ian Harrison
- 8 Attleborough gas work road closures postponed until after Christmas
- 9 Road closed after tractor trailor overturns near Wymondham
- 10 Amazing drone footage shows Flying Scotsman travelling through Norfolk
A lapse in concentration then saw Corton pull one back, but soon after O'Brien completed his hat-trick from the penalty spot following a foul on Rob Browne.
Town then kept the ball better with Butler working tirelessly on the flank and Tom Seaman and Gav Ethridge giving little away at the back.
Neat play from James McCloy and Browne won Wymondham a free-kick and up stepped O'Brien to curl in his fourth to seal a good win.
A good team performance in heavy conditions but man of the match went to Chris O'Brien for his four-goal tally.