O’Brien bags four goals for Rooks
Corton 1, Wymondham Tn 4
Wymondham Town travelled to Corton and were made to work hard for all three points on Corton's huge pitch – with Chris O'Brien scoring four goals.
And this Saturday the two teams meet again when Town entertain Corton at the King's Head Meadow 2.30 ko.
The Rooks welcomed back both Jamie Speller and Jamie Butler from injury whilst Matt Ducker came in between the sticks. Corton settled quicker and had the best of the early exchanges.
After a scrappy start Wymondham got going with Calum Webb and Speller taking control of the midfield battle.
You may also want to watch:
Town took the lead when Chris O'Brien neatly turned inside his marker and hit a curling shot into the bottom corner from 20 yards.
Soon after the restart Wymondham went further ahead when Alex Willamson's superb cross was met sweetly on the half volley by O'Brien.
- 1 'A whirlwind' - how 19-year-old became baking sensation in lockdown
- 2 The postcard collector who preserved Norfolk history
- 3 Person injured and road closed after crash
- 4 Who can I vote for on Election Day 2021 in Wymondham?
- 5 Town's mayor re-elected despite complaint over date of vote
- 6 How you can create a hedgehog haven
- 7 In full: Council's apology to 'vindicated' members after bullying claims
- 8 Meet nine-year-old Airlie – the little baker with a big dream
- 9 Flying Scotsman visit to Mid Norfolk Railway confirmed
- 10 'Get out and vote on election day': plea to people across Norfolk
A lapse in concentration then saw Corton pull one back, but soon after O'Brien completed his hat-trick from the penalty spot following a foul on Rob Browne.
Town then kept the ball better with Butler working tirelessly on the flank and Tom Seaman and Gav Ethridge giving little away at the back.
Neat play from James McCloy and Browne won Wymondham a free-kick and up stepped O'Brien to curl in his fourth to seal a good win.
A good team performance in heavy conditions but man of the match went to Chris O'Brien for his four-goal tally.