Wymondham darts player Nikki Goldsmith set to play for Wales
- Credit: Archant
Wymondham darts player Nikki Goldsmith has earned an international call-up - for Wales.
She qualifies to play for the Principality through her father, who was born in Pontypridd.
Nikki has played darts for Norfolk since 2009 and is poised to play her 75th game in the Inter-Counties competition.
She plays Super League darts for Wymondham, travelling all across the county to represent her team, and has been playing in local charity leagues since she was 17.
Darts runs in the family, with her husband Darren also playing for Norfolk and her children keen players.
You may also want to watch:
Nikki has been boosted by a sponsorship deal with Morley-based garage David Morter, who carry out car servicing, repairs and MOTs.
'David Morter offered to sponsor me to enable me to attend tournaments in the UK and across Europe for which I am extremely grateful,' she said.
- 1 Former factory site to become a new church
- 2 Woodforde's takes over Old Buckenham pub closed for two years
- 3 Man appears in court over Class A drug charge
- 4 Farm worker fined after hay bales fall off trailer and hit car
- 5 Work started on four new homes without permission
- 6 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 7 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 8 Night out safety advice issued after drink-spiking reports in Norfolk
- 9 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 10 What is the government's Plan B for Covid this winter?