Wymondham darts player Nikki Goldsmith set to play for Wales
- Credit: Archant
Wymondham darts player Nikki Goldsmith has earned an international call-up - for Wales.
She qualifies to play for the Principality through her father, who was born in Pontypridd.
Nikki has played darts for Norfolk since 2009 and is poised to play her 75th game in the Inter-Counties competition.
She plays Super League darts for Wymondham, travelling all across the county to represent her team, and has been playing in local charity leagues since she was 17.
Darts runs in the family, with her husband Darren also playing for Norfolk and her children keen players.
You may also want to watch:
Nikki has been boosted by a sponsorship deal with Morley-based garage David Morter, who carry out car servicing, repairs and MOTs.
'David Morter offered to sponsor me to enable me to attend tournaments in the UK and across Europe for which I am extremely grateful,' she said.
- 1 Schools in Norfolk closed or partially shut due to coronavirus
- 2 'Such a shame' - youth football club targeted by criminals twice in two days
- 3 How has Wymondham recovered from its coronavirus spike?
- 4 Dozens of new Covid marshals to become 'the eyes and ears of the districts'
- 5 Howzat? Designer creates 3D printed cricket machine from Norfolk garage
- 6 Rough sleepers' plea to be 'kept inside' as council secures £635k funding
- 7 Fresh calls for Norfolk to move to tier one ahead of key Commons vote
- 8 Festive lights show at popular garden centre
- 9 Parts of Norfolk may see snow by end of the week, say forecasters
- 10 Carrot gold: Maverick painter swaps screwdriver for vegetable