Wymondham darts player Nikki Goldsmith set to play for Wales
- Credit: Archant
Wymondham darts player Nikki Goldsmith has earned an international call-up - for Wales.
She qualifies to play for the Principality through her father, who was born in Pontypridd.
Nikki has played darts for Norfolk since 2009 and is poised to play her 75th game in the Inter-Counties competition.
She plays Super League darts for Wymondham, travelling all across the county to represent her team, and has been playing in local charity leagues since she was 17.
Darts runs in the family, with her husband Darren also playing for Norfolk and her children keen players.
You may also want to watch:
Nikki has been boosted by a sponsorship deal with Morley-based garage David Morter, who carry out car servicing, repairs and MOTs.
'David Morter offered to sponsor me to enable me to attend tournaments in the UK and across Europe for which I am extremely grateful,' she said.
- 1 'Little fighter' Rian battling complex mix of heart conditions
- 2 Can you rehome this Terrier who has spent nine years at animal sanctuary?
- 3 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 4 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 5 New Toolstation branch coming to Wymondham?
- 6 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 7 Norfolk bowls star tests positive at world indoor championships
- 8 5 tips from Norwich expert to keep your car in peak condition in lockdown
- 9 Fresh snow falls as weather warning continues for Norfolk and Suffolk
- 10 5 virtual games to play with family and friends over Zoom