Wymondham darts player Nikki Goldsmith set to play for Wales
- Credit: Archant
Wymondham darts player Nikki Goldsmith has earned an international call-up - for Wales.
She qualifies to play for the Principality through her father, who was born in Pontypridd.
Nikki has played darts for Norfolk since 2009 and is poised to play her 75th game in the Inter-Counties competition.
She plays Super League darts for Wymondham, travelling all across the county to represent her team, and has been playing in local charity leagues since she was 17.
Darts runs in the family, with her husband Darren also playing for Norfolk and her children keen players.
You may also want to watch:
Nikki has been boosted by a sponsorship deal with Morley-based garage David Morter, who carry out car servicing, repairs and MOTs.
'David Morter offered to sponsor me to enable me to attend tournaments in the UK and across Europe for which I am extremely grateful,' she said.
- 1 Lifeguard, 18, saves teenager from drowning in first days on job
- 2 Ex-pupils and staff reunite at former village school
- 3 'Lost a couple of staff members a day' - how the 'pingdemic' is hitting Norfolk
- 4 Arts centre announces reopening after Covid-forced hibernation
- 5 Full steam ahead for track renewal work on railway
- 6 'Slow down, save lives' - Police launch speed awareness campaign
- 7 Pony hire business to offer circus shows in your garden
- 8 Car crashes into central reservation on A11
- 9 'Surgery will buckle' - warning new homes will push Hethersett to crisis
- 10 Bakeaholics teen owner buys herself a whopping new kitchen