Morley through in cup
MORLEY Village proceeded to the third round of the Ben Smith Cup, beating Wendling 2-1.Morley started the match at a high tempo with both Calvin Butler and Chris Fraser heavily involved in the early exchanges.
MORLEY Village proceeded to the third round of the Ben Smith Cup, beating Wendling 2-1.
Morley started the match at a high tempo with both Calvin Butler and Chris Fraser heavily involved in the early exchanges.
It was no surprise when Morley took the lead. Following battling work in the midfield the ball was released to James Hendrie on the right wing and his pin-point cross was met with a well-placed header into the top corner from Rowan Maynard.
Morley began to take control and when Fraser shot was parried by the keeper Maynard was again on hand to blast the ball home from the edge of the box.
You may also want to watch:
At this point Morley threatened to take total control, however several good chances were squandered, and as the game moved into the second half Wendling began to fight back and following concerted efforts on goal they finally made the breakthrough for 2-1.
From that point on the Morley goal was under siege with Wendling twice hitting the crossbar, however Wendling failed to find an equaliser with Chalu and Burrows providing rock-like defence. Morley progress to a third round tie with Bawdeswell.
- 1 Town's mayor re-elected despite complaint over date of vote
- 2 The postcard collector who preserved Norfolk history
- 3 Person injured and road closed after crash
- 4 'A whirlwind' - how 19-year-old became baking sensation in lockdown
- 5 Flying Scotsman visit to Mid Norfolk Railway confirmed
- 6 Headteacher's plea after near miss involving child in pushchair
- 7 Who can I vote for on Election Day 2021 in Wymondham?
- 8 In full: Council's apology to 'vindicated' members after bullying claims
- 9 Meet nine-year-old Airlie – the little baker with a big dream
- 10 How you can create a hedgehog haven