Morley through in cup
MORLEY Village proceeded to the third round of the Ben Smith Cup, beating Wendling 2-1.Morley started the match at a high tempo with both Calvin Butler and Chris Fraser heavily involved in the early exchanges.
MORLEY Village proceeded to the third round of the Ben Smith Cup, beating Wendling 2-1.
Morley started the match at a high tempo with both Calvin Butler and Chris Fraser heavily involved in the early exchanges.
It was no surprise when Morley took the lead. Following battling work in the midfield the ball was released to James Hendrie on the right wing and his pin-point cross was met with a well-placed header into the top corner from Rowan Maynard.
Morley began to take control and when Fraser shot was parried by the keeper Maynard was again on hand to blast the ball home from the edge of the box.
You may also want to watch:
At this point Morley threatened to take total control, however several good chances were squandered, and as the game moved into the second half Wendling began to fight back and following concerted efforts on goal they finally made the breakthrough for 2-1.
From that point on the Morley goal was under siege with Wendling twice hitting the crossbar, however Wendling failed to find an equaliser with Chalu and Burrows providing rock-like defence. Morley progress to a third round tie with Bawdeswell.
- 1 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 2 See inside this restored period farmhouse for sale for £850,000
- 3 Mum's 100 mile challenge fulfils promise to late daughter
- 4 Decision due over controversial plans for 200 new homes
- 5 Van artist creates 'most emotional picture' over teen suicide
- 6 Parents share their stories as fertility clinic celebrates 1,000 births
- 7 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road
- 8 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 9 Banham Poultry taken over by owner of Bernard Matthews and 2 Sisters
- 10 Warning to check smoke alarms after family escaped fire