Morley open with a win
Morley Village opened the new season in Crown Fire Division Two with a tough looking trip away to newly-promoted Watton A but won 2-1.Morley were straight out of the blocks with wide men Fraser and Butler causing plenty of problems for the opposition.
Morley Village opened the new season in Crown Fire Division Two with a tough looking trip away to newly-promoted Watton A but won 2-1.
Morley were straight out of the blocks with wide men Fraser and Butler causing plenty of problems for the opposition.
It was Butler who opened the scoring midway through the first half when he swerved past two defenders and slotted the ball home for a neat finish.
Watton attempted to get a foothold in the match but fine work by the Morley defence and goalkeeper Sturman kept them at bay.
You may also want to watch:
At the other end Jake Palmer was unlucky not to score after his mazy run was ended by a fine stop from the keeper. After the break Morley were slow to start and this allowed Watton to grab an early equaliser and for a short time press hard for the lead.
However, Morley re-established their supremacy when a fine run and cross by Chris Fraser was finished off by Farrow. Watton worked hard for an equaliser but the Morley defence of Chalu, Burrows, and the Hendrie brothers kept the door firmly shut, and ensured a Morley victory.
- 1 Man exposed himself to three teenage girls at Morrisons
- 2 Millions could be spent on better cycle routes around Norwich
- 3 Norfolk nurse's 'lightbulb moment' leads to star-studded dog show panel
- 4 Ofsted praise for ‘inadequate’ Norfolk special school
- 5 Estate agent makes thoughtful donation to 'amazing' NHS heroes
- 6 Village road to shut all day for essential work
- 7 Heavy downpours and strong winds to batter Norfolk
- 8 Indian variant Covid cases in Norfolk 'cause to be cautious'
- 9 A47 tailbacks as roadworks move west near Norwich
- 10 Norfolk college is national finalist in 'Oscars of teaching profession'