Morley open with a win
Morley Village opened the new season in Crown Fire Division Two with a tough looking trip away to newly-promoted Watton A but won 2-1.Morley were straight out of the blocks with wide men Fraser and Butler causing plenty of problems for the opposition.
Morley Village opened the new season in Crown Fire Division Two with a tough looking trip away to newly-promoted Watton A but won 2-1.
Morley were straight out of the blocks with wide men Fraser and Butler causing plenty of problems for the opposition.
It was Butler who opened the scoring midway through the first half when he swerved past two defenders and slotted the ball home for a neat finish.
Watton attempted to get a foothold in the match but fine work by the Morley defence and goalkeeper Sturman kept them at bay.
You may also want to watch:
At the other end Jake Palmer was unlucky not to score after his mazy run was ended by a fine stop from the keeper. After the break Morley were slow to start and this allowed Watton to grab an early equaliser and for a short time press hard for the lead.
However, Morley re-established their supremacy when a fine run and cross by Chris Fraser was finished off by Farrow. Watton worked hard for an equaliser but the Morley defence of Chalu, Burrows, and the Hendrie brothers kept the door firmly shut, and ensured a Morley victory.
- 1 Former factory site to become a new church
- 2 Woodforde's takes over Old Buckenham pub closed for two years
- 3 Work started on four new homes without permission
- 4 Man appears in court over Class A drug charge
- 5 Farm worker fined after hay bales fall off trailer and hit car
- 6 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 7 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 8 Night out safety advice issued after drink-spiking reports in Norfolk
- 9 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 10 See inside this restored period farmhouse for sale for £850,000