Morley battle to keep record
MORLEY Village produced a fighting performance at Tacolneston to win 3-2 and continue their unbeaten start to the league campaign. Morley were quick out of the blocks and took the lead early in the game when a pin-point corner kick from Calvin Butler was met by a cannoning header from James Hendrie.
MORLEY Village produced a fighting performance at Tacolneston to win 3-2 and continue their unbeaten start to the league campaign.
Morley were quick out of the blocks and took the lead early in the game when a pin-point corner kick from Calvin Butler was met by a cannoning header from James Hendrie.
However, Morley failed to capitalise on a good start and within five minutes the score was 1-1.
Tacolneston began to take control and following confusion in the Morley defence Tacolneston took the lead with a tame header.
After the break Morley came out with a much greater tempo, however Tacolneston still had chances and Morley should be grateful to goalscorer Hendrie for a goal-line clearance when the home team looked certain to score.
Morley continued to attack and equalised when Butler neatly flicked the ball past the advancing keeper from close range.
- 1 Daughter's 100-mile charity pledge for father who died of cancer
- 2 A11 closure to continue as roadworks finally begin
- 3 Country park to host jubilee picnic with street food, Pimm's and cream teas
- 4 Pro dancer transforms Norfolk barber's shop into a new pilates studio
- 5 Heritage railway plans running days to celebrate Queen's Jubilee
- 6 Two lorries and two cars involved in crash on A11
- 7 Drivers face delays on A11 - and the bulk of the work has yet to begin
- 8 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 9 Church with planning permission for home conversion up for auction
- 10 Recessions, a fire and a pandemic: Landlords look back on 20 years at pub
Maynard then came close to giving Morley the lead but his volley lacked power, however it was the impressive Butler who finally gave Morley the advantage as his mazy dribble ended with the ball blasted into the bottom corner.
Tacolneston continued to press for an equaliser forcing plenty of pressure on the Morley goal and a wonderful full-stretch save from goalkeeper Sturman, however Morley hung on and will be more than happy with a battling second-half comeback.