Morley battle to keep record
MORLEY Village produced a fighting performance at Tacolneston to win 3-2 and continue their unbeaten start to the league campaign. Morley were quick out of the blocks and took the lead early in the game when a pin-point corner kick from Calvin Butler was met by a cannoning header from James Hendrie.
MORLEY Village produced a fighting performance at Tacolneston to win 3-2 and continue their unbeaten start to the league campaign.
Morley were quick out of the blocks and took the lead early in the game when a pin-point corner kick from Calvin Butler was met by a cannoning header from James Hendrie.
However, Morley failed to capitalise on a good start and within five minutes the score was 1-1.
Tacolneston began to take control and following confusion in the Morley defence Tacolneston took the lead with a tame header.
You may also want to watch:
After the break Morley came out with a much greater tempo, however Tacolneston still had chances and Morley should be grateful to goalscorer Hendrie for a goal-line clearance when the home team looked certain to score.
Morley continued to attack and equalised when Butler neatly flicked the ball past the advancing keeper from close range.
- 1 Local election results 2021: All the winners in Wymondham
- 2 'It's a blow for the community' - Day centre closes after 43 years
- 3 Norfolk and Suffolk elections 2021: Conservative gain in the south
- 4 Family to open cafe named for 'cheeky' twins who fought rare disease
- 5 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 6 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 7 18 people miss Covid vaccines after centre opens late
- 8 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 9 The postcard collector who preserved Norfolk history
- 10 Nine in 10 want more Post Office services – but no new branch on the cards
Maynard then came close to giving Morley the lead but his volley lacked power, however it was the impressive Butler who finally gave Morley the advantage as his mazy dribble ended with the ball blasted into the bottom corner.
Tacolneston continued to press for an equaliser forcing plenty of pressure on the Morley goal and a wonderful full-stretch save from goalkeeper Sturman, however Morley hung on and will be more than happy with a battling second-half comeback.